Main Article Content
The objective of this study was to study factors influencing Internet banking customers towards Commercial Bank Prompt Pay System. This study applied Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology Model (UTAUT). The data were collected via questionnaire of 300 Internet Banking users who also registered for Prompt Pay Services of one Commercial Bank. The data were analyzed using statistics: frequency, percentage, average and multiple regression. The results showed that questionnaire respondents were mostly male, aged 25-34 years old and private employees. The results from the multiple regression analysis found that the factors positively influencing acceptance of prompt pay system were effort expectancy, social influence and facilitating conditions. The most influential factor was facilitating conditions. Multiple regression analysis classified by experience of using Internet banking found that the factors positively influencing acceptance prompt pay system were social influence and facilitating conditions. The most influential factor was facilitating conditions.
2. Ahcheewakesa, P. and Thongmak, M. (2017). Barriers and drivers of acceptation of Near Field Communication (NFC) mobile payment adoption: A case study of Thailand. Journal of Business, Economics and Communication. 12(1), 55-72.
3. Attuquayefio, S. N. and Addo, H. (2014). Using the UTAUT model to analyze students’ ICT adoption. International Journal of Education and Developing Using Information and Communication Technology, 10(3), 75-86.
4. Bank of Thailand. (2016). New E-payment service “Promptpay”. Retrieved October 4, 2016, from https://www.bot.or.th/Thai/PaymentSystems/PSServices/PromptPay/Pages/default_old.aspx
5. Daochai, P. (2017). Five-years plan for the Thai Bank Association: New campaign “Trenny”. Retrived March 10, 2017, from https://www.tmbbank.com/newsroom/news/pr/view/press-train-nee.html
6. Foon, Y. S. and Fah, B. C. Y. (2011). Internet banking adoption in Kuala Lumpur: An application of UTAUT model, International Journal of Business and Management, 6(4), 161-167.
7. Gaewmungkun, S. (2011). Technology acceptance for regional community development: A case study of Village Website Project. Master Thesis, M.S., Thammasat University, Bangkok.
8. Hair, J. F., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R. L. and Black, W. C. (1995). Multivariate data analysis with readings (4th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall International.
9. Ruamrak, W. (2017). Industry monitor for bank business, GSB research center. Retrieved April 3, 2017, from https://www.gsb.or.th/GSB-Research
10. Ruenrom, G. (2008). Marketing research (6th ed.). Bankgkok: Chulalongkorn University Press.
11. Samniangpro, B. (2011). Factor affecting acceptance and behavior of use of virtual office technology: A case study of field operation division of Telecommunication Organization. Independent Study, M.S., Thammasat University, Bangkok.
12. Sripantakul, S. (2010). Factors influencing the accept and intention to use knowledge management system: A case study of Kasikornbank. Independent Study, M.S., Thammasat University, Bangkok.
13. Tan, P. J. B. (2013). Applying the UTAUT to understand factors affecting the use of English e-Leaning websites in Taiwan. SAGE Open, 3(4), 1-12.
14. Tsai, C. H., Zhu, D. S. and Jang, Y. M. (2013). A study on the consumer adoption behavior of Internet bank. Journal of Networks, 8(12), 2956-2963.
15. Venkatesh, V., Morris, M. G., Davis, G. B. and Davis, F. D. (2003). User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view. MIS Quarterly, 27(3), 425-478.
16. Venkatesh, V., Thong, J. Y. L. and Xu, X. (2012). Consumer acceptance and use of information technology: Extending the unified theory of acceptance and use of technology. MIS Quarterly, 36(1), 157-178.
17. Wu, M. Y., Yu, P. Y. and Weng, Y. C. (2012). A study on user behavior for I Pass by UTAUT: Using Taiwan’s MRT as an example. Asia Pacific Management Review, 17(1), 91-111.
18. Yeow, P. H. P., Yuen, Y. Y. and Tong, D. Y. K. (2008). User acceptance of online banking service in Australia. Communications of the IBIMA, 1(2008), 191-197.
19. Yuen, Y. Y., Yeow, P. H. P., Lim, N. and Saylani, N. (2010), Internet banking adoption: Comparing developed and developing countries. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 51(1), 52-61.