Main Article Content
This research is a survey of the effects of digital technology in the Thai film industry. In the production department, which comprise of pre-production, production and post-production of film industry whether there is any similarity or difference from the original analog filming. As well as the preparation of people in the film production, process in order to cope with the competition and developing film industry to be standardized as a cultural export product to be equal to other countries in the region. The objective of the study is divided into 2 objectives: 1) to study the effect of changing the technology of film production from analog to digital and 2) to explore the readiness of personnel in the digital film industry of Thailand.
This research employed qualitative methodology by using focus-group interview, which divides the main informants into 2 groups: 1 producer group and film director and 2 team members (including assistant director, film director, cinematographer, at least 3 people per groups). The in-Depth-Interview also applied in this study, three film scholars were interviewed in order to explore the effects and readiness of changing the technology of film production from analog to digital systems in the film industry in Thailand
2. Buosonte, R. (2008). A qualitative research in education. Bangkok: Kumsamai press.
3. Fidler, R. (1997). MediaMorphosis understanding new media. UK: Pine Forge Press.
4. Gadd, N. (2005). The resistance to digital cinema in Australia. Metro Magazine, 145(15), 58-61.
5. Jettana, D. (2010). Analysis of the transitional trend from film cinematography to digital cinema in Thailand. Master thesis, M.A., Chulalongkorn University. Bangkok.
6. Kamket, W. (2008). Research methodology in behavioral sciences (2nd ed.). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University press.
7. Office of the National Economic and Social Development Council. (2008). Strategic framework for regional development. Bangkok: Office of the National Economic and Social Development Council.
8. Smudits, A. (2002). Mediamorphosen des Kulturschaffens: Kunst und Kommunikationstechnologien im Wandel. Vienna: Braumuller.
9. Vittayarat, S (2004). The development of new media: The influence of the digital language communication patterns of the human race and its impact on media ethics. Bangkok: Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University press.