Main Article Content
Nowadays, interest in patient safety and medical service quality management has increased. The study of patient safety has led to the improvement of the quality of patient safety. This predictive research aimed to study predictive factors of patient safety culture from provider perspective in one community hospital in Phitsanulok province. The samples were 176 employees of the community hospital, selected by stratified random sampling. Data were collected by questionnaires and were analyzed using descriptive statistics and step-wise multiple regression. The results found that level of patient safety culture in the studied community hospital was high ( = 3.70, SD = 0.384). Administrators, teamwork, employee's responsibility of patient safety, working environment and experience of training on quality improvement in patient safety were identified as predictive factors of patient safety culture by 71%. The results also revealed that employee's responsibility of patient safety was at a high level. Stimulating and promoting patient safety culture at individual level to effect the continuous combination of quality and patient safety could lead to the hospital becoming a trusted organization
2. Sammer CE, Lykens K, Singh KP, Mains DA, Lackan NA. What is patient safety culture? A review of the literature. J Nurs Scholarsh 2010;42(2):156-65.
3. Supachutikul A. HA Update 2013.Nonthaburi:The Healthcare Accreditation Institute (Public Organization);2013.
4. Ulrich B, Kear T. Patient safety and patient safety culture:Foundations of excellent health care delivery. Nephrol Nurs J 2014;41(5):447-505.
5. Kaaslangkaa A. Study of medical problems and healthcare provider of ministry of public health and office of permanent secretary sued because of medical treatment. J Depart Health Serv Supp 2013;9(1):57-69.
6. National Health Security Office. Annual report 2016. Bangkok: Abizintergroup;2017.
7. National Health Security Office. Annualreport 2013. Bangkok: Sahamitr printingand publish;2014.
8. Kessomboon P, Kessomboon N, Pannarunothai S, Premgamone A. Claimants of Compensation for Adverse Clinical Events Occurring in Hospitals. J Health SysRes 2009;3(4):567-72.
9. Wangthong Hospital.Hospital Profile. Phitsanulok:Focus printing;2014.
10. Xuanyue M, Yanli N, Hao C, Pengli J, Mingming Z. Literature review regarding patient safety culture. J Evid Base Med 2013;6:43-9.
11. Vincent C,Sally TA,Nicola S. Framework for analysing risk and safety in clinical medicine [Internet]. 1998[cited 2016 Mar 17]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/articles/PMC 1112945/.
12. Kilakuldilok P, Phonpasurt W, Keyuranon P. Safety Culture of Registered Nurses Who Work on Offices of Public Health in PathumThani Province [Internet]. 2011[cited 2019 May 26]. Available from https://www.stou.ac.th/thai/grad_stdy/Masters/.../ FullPaper/Sci/Poster/P-Sci81.pdf.
13. Abdolahzadeh F, Zamanzadeh V, Boroumand A. Studying the relationship between individual and organizational factors and nurses' perception of patient safety culture [Internet]. 2012[cited 2019 May 26].Available from http:// journals.tbzmed.ac.ir/JCS.
14. Kim IS, Park M, Park MY, Yoo H, Choi J. Factors Affecting the Perception of Importance and Practice of Patient Safety Management among Hospital Employees in Korea. Asian Nurs Res (Korean Soc Nurs Sci) 2013;7(1):26-32.
15. Faul F, Erdfelder E, Buchner A, Lang AG. Statistical power analyses usingG*Power 3.1: tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behav Res Methods2009; 41(4):1149-60.
16. Cohen J. Quantitative Methods in Psychology: A Power Primer.Psychol Bull 1992;112:155-9.
17. Suphachutikun A. Patient Safety Goals:SIMPLE. Bangkok:The healthcare accreditation institute (public organization);2008.
18. Best JW. Research in Education. 3rd ed. New Jersey:Prentice Hall;1997.
19. Thatreenaranon S, Keyuranon P, Prasertchai A. Factors affecting patient safety culture in Somdet Chaopraya institute of psychiatry. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 2013;27(2):43-55.
20. Phookaengmoke P. 4As to safety culture. [Internet]. 2018[cited 2019 May 25]. Available fromhttp://www.pinthong-group.com/content/content_detail.php? id=395.
21. Prapunwattana M. Safety medication system. Bangkok: The association of Hospital Pharmacy (Thailand );2014.
22. Sngounsiritham U. Management for Creating Safety Culture in Nursing Service. Nurs J 2011;38(3):168-77.
23. Wangthong Hospital.Self Assesment Part II-1.Phitsanulok:Focus printing;2013.
24. Jirapaet V, Jirapaet K. Patient safety management: concepts, processes and guidelines for clinical safety. Bangkok:Dansutha Publisher;2012.
25. Chuaytawee J, Songthai N. Factors Influencing Nurses' Perceptions on Patient Safety Culture in The Community Hospitals, Phitsanulok Province. J Nurs Health Sci 2018;11(3):42-51.