Main Article Content
Child and teen alcohol consumption in Thailand presently is a vital problem. Problem impacts include financial, educational, physical, psychological, behavioral, family, and social aspects. The factors for alcohol consumption involve personal, family, friend, society, culture, mass communication, and information technology issues. Therefore, child and teen alcohol consumption is a continuous concern in Thailand. Registered nurses are members of a health team, who have important roles in caring, screening, caring at hospital or emergency room and treating children and teens for alcohol abuse. In addition registered nurses conduct research to decrease or prevent child and teen alcohol consumption
2. Paileeklee, S. Health risk behaviors among secondary school students in Thailand. In Center of Alcohol Studies, Documents for the 9th national alcohol conference: Collaboration for child and youth's right[Internet]. 2016 [cited 2017 Apirl 21]. Available from: http://cas.or.th/publication/nationalahlconf_9
3. Balogun O, Koyanagi A, Stickley A, Gilmour S, Shibuya K. Alcohol consumptionand psychological distress in adolescents: a multi-country study. J AdolescHealth 2014;54(2):228-34.
4. Assanangkornchai S, Muekthong A, InthanonTanomsri , Editor. A surveillance of drinking behaviors and other health-risk behaviors among high school students in Thailand. [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2017 Apirl21]. Available from: URL:http://kb.hsri.or.th/dspace/ bitstream/handle/11228/2784/hs1619. pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y
5. Hosiri T, Sittisun C, Limsricharoen K. Drinking Behavior and Its Prevalence in Grade 10th Students. J Psychiatr Assoc Thai 2016;61(1):3-14.
6. Onmoy P. Alcohol-related consequencesamong youth in Mueang district, Uttaraditprovince. J Health Sci 2011; 20(4):684-92.
7. Perngparn U. Thai youths and their drinking. J Health Res 2007;21(2):87-92.
8. Assanangkornchai S. Pattern of alcoholdrinking and alcohol use disorder in Thailand. J Psychiatr Assoc Thailand 2009;54(sup1):139s-52s.
9. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.Results from the 2013 national survey on drug use and health: Summary of national findings [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2017 Apirl21]. Available from: URL: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDU Hresults2013.pdf
10. Hanes M. Effects and consequences of underage drinking [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2018 Apr 21]. Available from: URL:https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/237145.pdf
11. Saengow U. Trends of alcoholconsumption and inpacts in past decade [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2018 September 21]. Available from: URL:http://cas.or.th/publication
12. Langhan ML. Acute alcohol intoxication in adolescents: frequency ofrespiratory depression. J Emerg Med 2013;44(6):1063-9.
13. Arunpongpaisal S. Alcohol intoxication and alcohol withdrawal. In:Assanangkornchai S. Editor. Alcohol use disorders and related problems:Significance and management in Thailand. Bongkok:SahaPhatthana Printing;2014.
14. Arain M, Haque M, Johal L, Mathur P, Nel W, Rais A, et al. Maturation of the adolescent brain. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2013;9:449-61.
15. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2016). Alcohol and Public Health: Alcohol-Related Disease Impact (ARDI). Atlanta, GA: CDC [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2018 September 1]. Available from: URL:http://go.usa.gov/xkde2
16. Waleewong O, Jankhotkaew J, Chaiyasong S, Thamarangsi T. The Harm to Others from Drinking in Thailand: A WHO/Thai Health International Collaborative Research Project [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2018 June 2]. Available from: URL:http://cas.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WHO-TH-project-Thailand-National-report-May2015.pdf
17. Thairat Online News. Adolescesnts with alcohol consumption struggled workers:Death 1 hurt 2 [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2018 Apr 21]. Available from: URL: http://www.thairath.co.th/content/450781
18. Thairat Online News. Adolescent alcohol consumption bashed cars [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2018 Apr 21]. Available from: URL:http://m.thairath.co.th/clip/111095.
19. Thongsamsri K., Thongsamsri I. Drinkers and violent victims: Analyzing news in 10 years (Abstract). In Center of Alcohol Studies, Documents for Alcohol Conference (November 24-25, 2016): Protecting the rights of children and youths from Harmful effects of alcohol consumption [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2018 Apr 21]. Available from:http://cas.or.th/publication/nationalahlconf_9
20. Armenta BE, Hautala DS, Whitbeck LB. The utility of the prototype/willingness model in predicting alcohol use among North American Indigenous adolescents. Dev Psychol 2015;51(5):697-705.
21. Jaigarun P, Corte C, McCreary L, Finnegan L , Hughes T, Thorkildsen TT. Reliability and validity of drinker prototype among Thai adolescents. Poster presented at the 40th Annual Midwest Nursing Research Society, Milwaukee, WI; 2016.
22. White A, Castle IJ, Chen CM, Shirley M, Roach D, Hingson R. Converging Patterns of Alcohol Use and Related Outcomes Among Females and Males in the United States, 2002 to 2012. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2015;39(9):1712-26.
23. Darakornnaayuthaya, P. [บทความวิชาการ ความสำเร็จในจการเลิกสุราของผู้ป่วยสุราที่มีโรคร่วมทางจิตเวช] Success for Cessation of alcohol among alcoholic patients with psychiatric diseases. [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2017 July 17]. Available from: URL:https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/JPNMH/article/view File/18112/15979
24. Edwards AC, Latendresse SJ. Genes and environment contribute to personal and peer drinking during adolescence and beyond [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2017 Apr 21]. Available from: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-01/ace-gae010815.php
25. Hongthong D, Areesantichai C. Factors predictive of alcohol consumption among senior high school students in Phayao province, Thailand. J Substance Use 2014; 19(5): 368-72.
26. Lee CK, Corte C, Stein KF, Park CG, Finnegan L, McCreary LL. Prospective effects of possible selves on alcohol consumption in adolescents. Res Nurs Health 2015;38(1):71-81.
27. Davies EL, Martin J, Foxcroft DR. Young people talking about alcohol: Focus groups exploring constructs in the prototype willingness model. Drugs: Educ Prevent Policy 2013;20(4):269-77.
28. Thaikra K,Kerdpradab C. Statigies and martketing pattern for alcohol on Social online. In:Sae-Ngow U,Vichitkunakorn P, Assanangkornchai S, Editor. Fact and figues: Alcohol in Thailand. Songkhla:Center of Alcohol Studies;2016.
29. Kairat P, Srisuyawad R, Haomsin P. Effects of motivation intervention on drinking refusal self-efficacy and outcome expectancy among early male adolescents. J Public Health Nurs 2012;26(1):1-18.
30. Davies E, Martin J, Foxcroft D. Development of an adolescent alcohol misuse intervention based on the prototype willingness model: A Delphi study. Health Educ 2016;116(3):275-91.
31. Foxcroft DR, Tsertsvadze A. Universal alcohol misuse prevention programs for children and adolescents: Cochrane systematic reviews. Perspect Public Health 2012;132(3):128-34.
32. National Institule on Drug Abuse. Preventing drug use among Children and adolescents: A reseach-based guide for parents, educators, and community leaders. Chiang Mai:NationalInstitule on Drug Abuse;2016.
33. Usaha C. Wijittrakunakol P. Direction and indicator of alcohol policy in Thailand. In:Sae-Ngow U, Vichitkunakorn P, Assanangkornchai S, Editor. Fact and figues:Alcohol in Thailand. Songkhla:Center of Alcohol Studies;2016.
34. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). Alcohol screening and brief intervention for youth: A practitioner's guide [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2018 August 2]. vailable from: URL:http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Practitioner/YouthGuide/YouthGuide.pdf
35. Cunningham RM, Chermack ST, Zimmerman MA, Shope JT, Bingham CR, Blow FC, et al. Brief motivational interviewing intervention for peer violence andalcohol use in teens:one-year follow-up. Pediatrics 2012;129(6):1083-90.
36. Tanner-Smith EE, Lipsey MW. Brief alcohol interventions for adolescents andyoung adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Subst Abuse Treat 2015;51:1-18.
37. Panyayong, B. A Literature review: First aids for people with alcohol problems. Chiang Mai:National Institute on Drug Abuse;2013.
38. Donnelly G, Kent-Wilkinson A, Rush A. The alcohol-dependent patient in hospital:challenges for nursing. Medsurg Nurs 2012;21(1):9-14.
39. Guerrini I, Mundt-Leach R. Preventing long-term brain damage in alcohol-dependent patients. Nurs Stand 2013;27(19):43-6.