Main Article Content
Thalassemia disease is common in Thailand and it is a crucial problem of the nation. Most treatment is supportive care by blood transfusion leading to major complications and being a top cause of death, hemochromatosis. With this condition, drawbacks affect organ functions and endocrine glands resulting in other incurrent diseases. Therefore, thalassemia disease adolescents with hemochromatosis are required to be treated with iron chelation and they encounter with health issues and arthralgia from the treatment which is the most common and sufferable symptom. Dealing with arthralgia effectively depends on personal factors, health factors and illness as well as environmental factors in relation with perception experience of adolescents with thalassemia disease perceiving and feeling that the body or behavior changes or becomes abnormally different. It includes assessment of symptom severity and impacts on livelihood along with response to symptoms when a person has physical, mental, cultural and social changes. If adolescents with thalassemia disease manage the symptoms well and effectively, the conditions will be improved and suffers are mitigated. As a result, these adolescents will be able to live and do activities normally with better quality of life
2. Laosombat W. Thalassemia. Bangkok:O.S. Printing House;1998.
3. กิตติ ต่อจรัส. การปลูกถ่ายเซลล์ต้นกำเนิดในธาลัสซีเมีย:Allogeneic stem cell transplantation of thalassemia major. [อินเตอร์เนต]. 2555. [เข้าถึงเมื่อ 19 มิถุนายน 2561]. เข้าถึง ได้จาก URL:http://www.thalassemia.or.th/magazine/18-1/tf-magazine-12-06.pdf
4. จิตสุดา บัวขาว, บรรณาธิการ. แนวทางการดูแลรักษาผู้ป่วยธาลัสซีเมียในเวชปฏิบัติทั่วไป:Guidelines for the care of thalassemia patients in general practice. [cited 2018 Jun 19]. Availabel from: URL: http://www.thalassemia.or.th/Guidelines%20for%20thalassemia% 20care.pdf
5. Thoraphan R, Teerarungsikul N, Sananreungsak S. Factors Related to Discomfort Symptom Management of Thalassemia Children Treatedby Iron Chelation. J Boromarajonani Coll Nurs Nakhon Ratchasima 2017;23(2)32-46.
6. Dodd MJ, Miaskowski C, Paul SM. Symptom clusters and their effect on the functional status of patients with cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum 2001;28(3):465-70.
7. World Health Organization [WHO]. Child and adolescent-health health and development [Internet].2004. [cited 2019 December 20] :Available from URL: http://www.who.int/child-adolescenthealth/OVERVIEW/AND/ad hove.html
8. Piaget J. The child and reality.New York:Grossman;1973.
9. Bunsithi W. Coping with chronic illness in the adolescent. In: Mahachotlertwattana P, Kanchanaset S, Bunsithi W, Areekun W, editors. Strategic care and health promotion "teenagers". Bangkok:Chai charoen;2004: P.209-13.
10. Khanthana K. Unwanted symptoms and management of symptoms of children with acute leukemia While being treated with chemotherapy. J Nurs Assoc Thai North-Eastern Div 2005;23(2)17-27.
11. Collins JJ, Byrnes ME, Dunkel IJ, Lapin J, Nadel T, Thaler HT, et al. The measurement of symptoms in children with cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage 2000;19(5):363-77.
12. Lenz ER, Pugh LC, Milligan RA, Gift A, Suppe F. The middle-range theory of unpleasant symptoms: an update. ANS Adv Nurs Sci 1997;19(3):14-27.
13. Fox SW, Lyon DE. Symptom clusters and quality of life in survivors of lung cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum 2006;33(5):931-6.
14. Grey M, Knafl K, McCorkle R. A framework for the study of self- and family management of chronic conditions. Nurs Outlook 2006;54(5):278-86.
15. Hiranthep T, Phasutharachat K, Wisisa P. Association between depression, anxiety and quality of life in patients with pain symptoms. Ramathibodi Med J 2013;36(1):13-22.
16. Kidhen S, Siripool P, Sakdisthanon S. Perception of pain and pain management children with thalassemia. J Nurs Sci Health 2016;39(1):1-11
17. Lamcharoen N, Photisuksuk C, NuiSi M. Effects of a self-care to reduce knee pain program among elderly with knee osteoarthritis, Chaisatan Subdistrict, Muangnan District, Nan Province. J Nurs Health Care 2018;36(3):107-16.
18. Ngoendee M, Rodcumdee B, Tantikosoom P. The effect of a self management program combined with reflexology on joint pain among adult patients with knee osteoarthritis. J Police Nurs 2017;9(2):163-72.
19. Kongsanae P, Kespichayawattana C. The Effect of a Mindfulness Meditation Program on Knee Painamong Older Persons with Knee Osteoarthritis. J Nurs Sci Chulalongkorn Univ2015;27(3):68-78.