Main Article Content
This analytic research aimed to study predictive factors of depression scale among older adult with chronic disease In Thapla district. Sample consisted of 410 older persons with chronic disease. Data collected from August to November 2018, by interviewing using 5 questionnaires of demographic variable, ability of activity daily living, family relationship, social activity and Thai Geriatric Depression Scale. Statistics including frequency percentage Pearson's product moment and multiple regression were used for data analysis. The results showed that the most of the older adult with chronic disease were woman (60.2%), 61-70 years (64.4%), married status (70%), unemployee (43.2%), one chronic disease (54.6%) and long-term 6-10 years of chronic disease (40.5%). The 4 factors were social support scale, age, number of disease and ability of activity daily living scale cound jointly predict 30.6% of variance of depression scale in older adult with chronic disease
2. World Health Organization. Mental health and older adults [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2018 Apr 2]. Available from URL:http://who.int/mediacentre/ factsheets/fs381/en#
3. Perez Barrero SA. [Suicide risk factors among the elderly]. Cien Saude Colet 2012;17(8):2011-6.
4. Foundation of Thai Gerontology research and development institute. Situation of the Thai elderly 2013. [cited 2018 Apr 2]. Available from: URL:http://thaitgri.org/?p=37134
5. Haseen F, Prasartkul P. Predictors of depression among older people living in rural areas of Thailand. Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull 2011;37(2):51-6.
6. Inchaiya C, Sangon S, Nintachan P. Factors predicting depression in older adults in community. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health 2016;30:17-29.
7. Department of Mental Health. Ministry of Public Health. [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2018 Apr 2]. Available from: URL:https://www.dmh.go.th/report/suicide
8. Jitapunkul S, Kamolratanakul P, Chandraprasert S, Bunnag S. Disability among Thai elderly living in Klong Toey slum. J Med Assoc Thai 1994;77(5):231-8.
9. Chaiyasung P, Sutawatnatcha S, Intakan P, Lichanatein S. Predictors of depression among older with chronic disease in urban area. J Nurs Educ 2013;6(1):27-37.
10. Train The Brain Forum Committee. Thai Geriatric Depression Scale-TGDS. Siriraj Hosp Gaz 1994;46:1-9.
11. Yodkul S, Srijakkot J. Predictive factors of depression among older people with chronic disease in Buriram Hospital. J Nurs Health Care 2012;30(3):50-7.
12. Sangon S, Sampao P, Malathum P. Relationships of health status, family relations, and loneliness to depression in older adults. Rama Nurs J 2007;13(1):54-69.
13. Stek ML, Gussekloo J, Beekman AT, van Tilburg W, Westendorp RG. Prevalence, correlates and recognition of depression in the oldest old: the Leiden 85-plus study. J Affect Disord 2004;78(3):193-200.
14. Choorat W, Sawangdee Y, Arunraksombat S. Factors influencing the risk of having mental health problems of the elderly. Thai Population J, 2012; 3(2):87-109.
15. Puttametta M, Soonthornchaiya R. Selected factors related to depression of the older persons with depressive disorder in the central region. J Psychiatr Nnurs Ment Health 2016;30(2):69-82.
16. Klinwichit S, Klinwichit W, Incha P, Klinwichit P. Mental health evaluation of the elderly with chronic illness in community: Saensuk Municipality, Chon Buri, THAILAND. Burapha J Med 2015;2(1):21-33.