Main Article Content
Loss of all teeth are important issue affect health's elderly. Having complete denture can increase Quality of Life (QOL) especially eating. However, in the long term,patient still have problem with lower denture. Due to resorption of bone. Implant (Ball type) is necessary to attach with lower denture in oral health condition. Aim to assess quality of life both before and after have ball implant of the Royal Implant project. A comparative study of observationalintervention had been design. Study focus on elderly 83 cases in Uttaradit hospital. Data collected in nine years (2008-2017) by interview general information,denture quality and Oral Impact Daily Performance (OIDP) index. Data analyzed by descriptive statistics and GEE regression. QOL before had ball implant score was 47.52 ± 15.91% and after inserted six months, QOL score was 28.50 ± 10.41% with significant difference (95% CI) 19.02% (-16.22 to -21.84), p -value < 0.001. Elderly has lower denture with ball implant promote QOL and should be an alternative treatment for elderly patient
2. National dental plan of the Elderly 2014-2021. Ministry of public health : Bangkok 2013.
3. Integration of health care delivery. Report of a WHO Study Group.World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser 1996;861:1-68.
4. World Health Organization(WHO). WHOQOL-BREF: Introduction administration scoring and generic of assessment. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 1996
5. SudadongKrisadapong. Oral health-related quality of life.Bangkok :Faculty of dentistry, Chulalongkorn University; 2007.
6. Bukboon P. Integrated quality of life for the elderly. Nonthaburi: Foundation for health systems research and development institude; 2017.
7. Hassel AJ, Koke U, Schmitter M, Rammelsberg P. Factors associated with oral health-related quality of life in institutionalized elderly. ActaOdontolScand 2006; 64(1):9-15.
8. Atwood DA, Coy WA. Clinical, cephalometric, and densitometric study of reduction of residual ridges. J Prosthet Dent 1971;26 (3):280-95.
9. Srisilapanan P. Why dental care in oral health Elderly. Academic conference 2007: Bright smile in the Elderly;2007 June 20-21, Miracle Grand Hotel,Bangkok. Bangkok:2007.
10. Feine JS, Carlsson GE, Awad MA, Chehade A, Duncan WJ, Gizani S, et al. The McGill consensus statement on overdentures. Mandibular two-implant overdentures as first choice standard of care for edentulous patients.Montreal, Quebec, May 24-25, 2002.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 200217;(4):601-2.
11. Muller, Frauke; Barter, S (Stephen). Implant therapy in the geriatric patient. Berlin: Quintessence publishing Company;2016.
12. Hassel AJ, Koke U, Drechsel A, Kunz C, Rammelsberg P. Oral health-related quality of life in elderly. Z GerontolGeriatr 2005;38(5):342-6.
13. Mesko ME, Patias R, Pereia-Cenci T. Is OHIP-EDENT similar to GOHAI when measureing OHQOL in partial and complete denture wearers?. Dentistry 2013 ; 3:160doi:10.4172/2161-1122.100016
14. Dorri M, Sheiham A, Tsakos G. Validation of a Persian version of the OIDP index. BMC Oral Health2007;7:2.
15. Zani SR, Rivaldo EG, Frasca LC, Caye LF. Oral health impact profile and prosthetic condition in edentulous patients rehabilitated with implant-supported overdentures and fixed prostheses. J Oral Sci 2009;51(4):535-43.
16. Astrøm AN, Okullo I. Validity and reliability of the Oral Impacts on Daily Performance (OIDP) frequency scale: a cross-sectional study of adolescents in Uganda. BMC Oral Health 2003;3(1):5.
17. Chaiphotchanaphong N, Tumrasvin W, Krisdapong S. Thai version of the Oral Health Impact Profile (Thai-OHIP) in Thai dental patients. The 23rd National Graduate Research Conference. Rajamangala University of Technology Isan 2011;999-1005.
18. Adulyanon S, Vourapukjaru J, Sheiham A. Oral impacts affecting daily performance in a low dental disease Thai population. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1996;24(6):385-9.
19. Srisilapanan P, Sheiham A. The prevalence of dental impacts on daily performances in older people in Northern Thailand. Gerodontology2001;18(2):102-8.
20. Charoentanyarak S, Khiewyoo J, Weraarchakul W. Oral Health Related Quality of Life among Diabetes Mellitus Patient : A case Study in Suwannakuha District, Nongbualumphu Province Srinagarind Med J 2014;29(4) 339-44.
21. Institude of Dentistry, Ministry of Public Health. Academic conference : Bring a smile to elderly. The report project His Majesty the King's Birthday anniversary; 2012 August 20-21, Bangkok: Institude of Dentistry, Ministry of Public Health; 2012.
22. Schwarz F, Derks J, Monje A, Wang HL. Peri-implantitis.J Periodontol2018;89 Suppl1:S267-S290.