Main Article Content
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disease that the number of patients is increasing every year. According to the Department of Mental Health's policy, patients suffering from this disease should return to the community, cared by their families and communities as soon as possible and emphasized on participation of the local communities and the network partners. But taking care of schizophrenic patients make the caregivers felt discouraged, worried and stressful with what they were working on. Thus, mental health promotion for the caregivers of schizophrenic patients is also crucial. Because, if they have strong mental health, the treatment for the patients will be of good quality. This article presents issues on mental health of those who taking care of the schizophrenic patients and psychiatric nurses' roles on mental health promotion among the caregivers in order to develop and strengthen their mind, ready for any situations affecting their mind, manage stress and adjust themselves happily with the society
2. Puengkatesoontorn N, Lueboonthavatchai O. The effect of family interventions program on burden among family caregivers of schizophrenic patients in community. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health 2011;25(2):51-63.
3. Toonsiri C, Sunsern R, Lawang W. Development of the Burden Interview for Caregivers of Patients with Chronic Illness. J Nurs Educ 2011;4(1):62-75.
4. Sharon E, Kalma Y, Sharp A, Raveh-Sadka T, Levo M, Zeevi D, et al. Inferring gene regulatory logic from high-throughput measurements of thousands of systematically designed promoters. Nat Biotechnol 2012;30(6):521-30.
5. Namlao W, Nabkasorn C, Vatanasin D. Factors Affecting Burden among Caregivers of Patients with Schizophrenia in Sakaeo Rajanagarindra Psychiatric Hospital. J Phrapokklao Nurs Coll 2018;29(2):23-35.
6. World Health Organization. Mental health:new understanding, new hope. (internet). (cited 2018 Dec 22). Available from: URL:https://www.who.int/whr/2001/en/whr01_en.pdf?ua=1
7. Townsend JP. Sleuthing the difference a nucleotide can make. Mol Ecol 2008;17(12):2793-5.
8. Tan SC, Yeoh AL, Choo IB, Huang AP, Ong SH, Ismail H, et al. Burden and coping strategies experienced by caregivers of persons with schizophrenia in the community. J Clin Nurs 2012;21(17-18): 2410-8.
9. Lohacheewa S. Stress and effect of stress on family members with a relative with first-episode schizophrenia: the nursing role. Thai Red Cross Nurs J 2018;11(1):60-7.
10. Kolyanee A, Dangdomyouth P, Aumtanee A. Selected factors relating to quality of life among caregivers caring for patients with schizophrenia at mome. J Police Nurs 2015;7(1):104-16.
11. Buranakunkitkan S, Chaisena Dallas J, Hengudomsub P, Pratoomsri W. Relationships between protective factors and resilience among schizophrenia caregivers. Nurs J Ministry Public Health 2018;28(1):24-35.
12. Chimsuk N, Dangdomyouth P. Selected factors related to psychological distress of family caregivers of schizophrenic patients. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health 2014;28(3):49-62.
13. Mak WW, Cheung RY. Self-stigma among concealable minorities in Hong Kong: conceptualization and unified measurement. Am J Orthopsychiatry 2010;80(2):267-81.
14. Hasson-Ohayon I, Levy I, Kravetz S, Vollanski-Narkis A, Roe D. Insight into mental illness, self-stigma, and the family burden of parents of persons with a severe mental illness. Compr Psychiatry 2011;52(1):75-80.
15. Beck JS. Cognitive behavior therapy:basics and beyond. 2nd ed. New York:Guilford Press;2011.
16. Kasemsuk P, Uthis P, Dangdomyut P. Effects of soupport group therapy on the burden and depression of caregivers of patients with schizophrenia. Thai Red Cross Nurs J 2008;1(3):75-93.
17. Chang KH, Horrocks S. Lived experiences of family caregivers of mentally ill relatives. J Adv Nurs 2006;53(4):435-43.
18. Pai S, Kapur RL. The burden on the family of a psychiatric patient:development of an interview schedule. Br J Psychiatry 1981;138:332-5.
19. Luangmongkhonchai N, Lueboonthavatchai O. The Effect of perceived self-efficacy promoting group on medication adherenceand follow-up intention of schizophrenic patients. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health 2011;25(3):49-62.
20. Loatrakoon M. Medical Behavioral Science Textbook. Bankok:Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University; 2012.
21. Wongpanarak N, Chaleoykitti S. The Role of the Nurse in Addiction Counseling. Nursing Role. J Royal Thai Army Nurs 2018;19(1):16-23.
22. Lazarus RS, Folkman S. Stress, appraisal, and coping. New York:Springer;1984.
23. Carver CS, Scheier MF. Dispositional optimism. Trends Cogn Sci 2014;18(6):293-9.
24. Wattanasiri O, Sripusito S. The development of process of continuity care in schizophrenia patient by interdisciplinary team and care giver network of Kamphaeng Phet Hospital. J Nurs Div 2013;40(1):66-83.
25. Akathimkul S, Lueboonthavatchai O. The effect of family counseling program on burden of schizophrenic patients' caregivers. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health 2015;29(2):64-76.