Main Article Content
Although the ASEAN Community cooperate in regional policy towards a unified region. Through the concept of promoting regionalism in the context of the ASEAN community. However, when non-traditional security on promoting environment issues was introduced, the study found that there was widespread disparity in policy and policy implementation among ASEAN members. Focusing on the issue of promoting regionalism together with promoting environment issue, the concept of regionalism cannot be fully realized. This may be based on the similarities and differences of geographical reasons, history, culture and politics in the past and lead to promoting regionalism throughout environment issue cannot be fully formed. Although, the regional promotion approach is different from other regional communities in terms of non-interference in political affairs. This will would help to reduce a regional tensions among ASEAN community. However, it has impact on delays on cooperation in ASEAN for addressing sensitive topic such as security issues. Differences in regionalism policy towards promoting environment issue can be interpreted in terms of learning together among ASEAN in order to achieve a common goal. Although the common goal has been written as ASEAN’s goal, it is the need for policy implementation of policy makers to achieve the desired goals and reduce policy implementation disparities among each ASEAN members
2. Chantavanich, S. (2011). Qualitative Research Data Analysis [In Thai]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn
3. Department of Environment Quality Promotion. (n.d.). Drought [In Thai]. Retrieved July 10, 2018,
4. Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (2010). ASEAN Political-Security Community Blueprint 2009 - 2015 [In
Thai]. Bangkok: PageMaker Publishing.
5. Pimonjinda, T. (2009). Super State Organization and International Organization: From Theory to
Comparative Case studies [In Thai]. Retrieved June 5, 2018, from https://www.midnightuniv.
6. Rachawong, B. (2018). Environmental Issues in ASEAN [In Thai]. Retrieved August 6, 2018, from
7. Rungthipanon, O. (2014). Regionalism and ASEAN. Bangkok: Bureau of Academic Affairs
[In Thai]. Bangkok: The Secretariat of the House of Representatives Publishing.
8. Saranrom Institute of Foreign Affairs. (2017). ASEAN and Environment Cooperation and Sustainable
Development [In Thai]. Retrieved July 10, 2018, from https://www.aseanthai.net/ewt_
9. Sumanasrethakul, P., Yossakrai, K., & Phoovatis, M. (2016). Research Project on Transformation
of Nationalism Promoting Policy towards Regionalism Promoting Policy in Asia, Case
Study: ASEAN Community [In Thai]. Bangkok: PK Copy Center.
10. Warathepphutthipong, T. (1993). Policy Evaluation: Efficiency, Effectiveness and Justice of Policy
[In Thai]. Bangkok: National Institute of Development Administration.