About the Journal
Scope of Journal of Fisheries and Environment
The Journal of Fisheries and Environment, formerly known as Kasetsart University Fisheries Research Bulletin, is published by the Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Thailand. The Journal publishes peer-reviewed research in English, including original research articles and reviews. The Journal publishes all disciplines within fisheries and aquatic environmental sciences, including fishery management, fishery biology, fishery products, aquaculture, and marine science. The Journal of Fisheries and Environment is published three times per year (January-April, May-August, September-December). We welcome submissions from researchers worldwide.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts for publication in the Journal of Fisheries and Environment are strictly and thoroughly double-blind peer reviewed. The Journal’s editorial board consists of experts in the academic fields of fisheries, aquatic sciences, environment and related topics. All manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
1. The Editor-in-Chief first evaluates all submitted manuscripts. The criteria used in the initial review include quality of the research, general interest, scientific significance and use of English language. Manuscripts that pass this initial screening are sent to one of the Associate Editors.
2. The Associate editor invites at least three reviewers to read the manuscript. Reviewers are invited on the basis of academic expertise and prior publications in the same topic area.
3. Reviewers are asked to determine whether the manuscript:
-Has an appropriate title which is relevant to its contents
-Has a sufficiently informative abstract
-Has an appropriate statement of objectives
-Is methodologically sound
-Has results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
-Clearly presents figures and tables
-Uses correct English
4. The assigned Associate Editor evaluates the reviewers’ reports and the manuscript, and then makes a recommendation to the Editor-in-Chief.
5. The Editor-in-Chief makes the final decision to accept or reject each manuscript regarding its suitability for publication, and then sends notice of this decision to the corresponding author along with the comments and recommendations made by the reviewers.
6. Manuscripts subject to revision must be returned to the journal within three weeks after the author has been notified of the decision.
7. The manuscripts accepted for publication are carefully checked for spelling, formal style and English language.
8. Then the corresponding authors will receive galley proofs of their manuscripts. Authors should carefully check and ensure the accuracy of the proof. The proofs should be returned within two days.
Open Access Policy
This Journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle of making research freely available to the public, and thus supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All opinions and contents in articles appearing in the Journal of Fisheries and Environment are the responsibility of the author(s). Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Thailand owns the sole copyright for all published materials. Articles should not be reproduced in any form without the written permission from Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University.
Source of Support
Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University
Journal of Fisheries and Environment Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University
History of Journal
The Journal of Fisheries and Environment is a peer-reviewed journal published in English by the Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand. The faculty started its academic publication under the name “Kasetsart University Fisheries Research Bulletin” in 1964. For more than 50 years, the bulletin has provided relevant scientific information on fisheries and aquaculture, and has added to the body of knowledge needed by the scientific community and civil society, within Thailand primarily, and more recently in Southeast Asia and beyond. In line with Kasetsart University’s thrust to be an international research university, the bulletin’s name was changed to “Journal of Fisheries and Environment” in 2017. The Volume 40, issue 3 was the last issue for the bulletin. In 2017, we welcomed Volume 41 with its new name. This is to reflect the wider scope and reach of the journal’s readers as well as its contributors/authors. The new name of the journal also reflects the dynamism of our world, as we open up to a wider audience and expand our horizons for gaining new knowledge and experiences, sharing them with the rest of the scientific world.
1964-1995 Prof. Supap Punpoka
1996-2006 Assoc. Prof .Dr.Yont Musig
2007-2015 Asst. Prof. Dr. Suriyan Tunkijjanukij
2016-2017 Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shettapong Meksumpun
2017-present Prof. Dr. Uthairat Na-Nakorn