Main Article Content
The purpose of this research were 1) To study attitude and (2) To study readiness to self-development for labour market of engineering student at KMITL when Thailand entrance to AEC and (3) To investigate the relationship between personal factors, the attitude, and the readiness of students for AEC labour market.
The studied sample includes 618 undergraduate engineering students who enrolled in classes at King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang during the 2014 academic year. The research instrument to collect data was questionnaires. The statistics used were frequency, percentage, average (), standard deviation (S.D.), t-test, One-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA). The hypothesis testing was set at the 0.05 and 0.01 level of significance. The results were as follows:
- Students’ score on attitude towards AEC was at a moderate level (= 3.329).
- Student’s readiness to self-development for AEC labour market was at a moderate level (= 3.341)
- Students who differed in level of English fluency, indicated statistically significant difference, at 0.01 level, on the readiness to self-development for AEC labour market.
- Students who differed in years of study, indicated statistically significant differences at 0.05 level, on the readiness to self-development for AEC labour market.
- On each dimension of the readiness to self-development for AEC labour market, it found that students who differed in years of study has attitude toward on leadership and personality statistically significant difference at 0.01
- On each dimension of the attitude towards AEC, it found that student who differed in years of study, has attitude toward on the acceptance and the adjustment of business sectors dimension significant differences at 0.01
- On each dimension of the attitude towards AEC, it also found that student who differed in level of English fluency, has attitude toward on the culture dimension significant difference at 0.01 level.
Results from this study. The researcher commented that Government and related departments should seek information that will guide and educate. There should be public relations in various forms for the people to prepare for entry into the AEC.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
"The opinions and contents including the words in papers are responsibility by the authors."
"ข้อคิดเห็น เนื้อหา รวมทั้งการใช้ภาษาในบทความถือเป็นความรับผิดชอบของผู้เขียน"
 Ratanaporn Pinkaw. Learning Style of Undergraduate Students at King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang. Journal of Industrial Education, 12(1), P.162-169.
 Puangrat Taweerat. 2000. Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences and Social Sciences. 8th edition. Bangkok : Chulalongkorn University Press.
 Chusri Wongratana. 1998. Statistical Techniques for Research. Bangkok : Chulalongkorn University Press.
 Orawan Silavanich. 2011. Readiness of Students of Social Administration Faculty for ASEAN Labor Market. Minor Thesis. Department of Social Work. Faculty of Social Administration. Thammasart University.
 Pornnary Sophabutr. 2012. An Approach to Developing Competencies of Associate ndustrial Engineers for The Preparedness of ASEAN Economic Community. Thesis (Human Resource and Organization Development). Faculty of Human Resource Development. NIDA.