The Acute Effect of Different Specific Warm-up Programs on Speed Agility and Quickness in Quickness in Youth Soccer 11 - 12 Years
The purposes of this study were to compare the acute effects of FIFA 11+ warm up program, fun game
warm up program and small side game warm up program on speed agility and quickness in youth soccer 11 -
12 years. The subjects were 10 soccer players of D Sport Academy. All subjects were asked to warm up up with 3 difference programs which included FIFA 11+ warm up, game warm up and small side game warm up. Speed, agility and quickness were immediately measured after each program of warm up. Data were analyzed using mean, standard deviation and one–way ANOVA with repeated measures. Multiple comparisons were performed using the Tukey method. All test used the 0.05 level of significance
The results showed that speed at 15 meters after the FIFA 11+ warm up was significantly different
from the small side game warm up (P>0.05). However speed at 5 meters, 10 meters, agility and quickness,
there were no significantly different after the warm up with 3 programs (P>0.05) However, speed at 5 meter
after warm up in FIFA 11+ program were significantly increase (P<0.05) than before experimental condition and the % change were increasing more than fun game and small side game warm up program. While agility and quickness after warm up in each program were no significant difference (P>0.05)when compare with before experimental condition. However the % change of small side game warm up programs were increasing more than FIFA 11+ and fun game warm up program respectively.
(Journal of Sports Science and Technology 2019; 19(1): 91-104)
(Received: 14 January 2019, Revised: 28 February 2019, Accepted: 11 March 2019)
Keywords: Warm-up/ Specific Warm-up/ Speed/ Agility/ Quickness
*Corresponding author: Niromlee MAKAJE
Department of Sports Science and Health, Faculty of Sports Science
Kasetsart University, Kampheangsean Campus NaKhon Pathom, THAILAND 73140
Education and Development, Kasetsart University; 2001.
2. Chiu, L.Z.F., Fry, A.C., Weiss, L.W., Schilling, B.K., Brown, L.E., & Smith, S.L. Postactivation
potentiation response in athletic and recreationally trained individuals. J Strength Cond Res.
3. Faigenbaum, A.D., Bellucci, M., Bernieri, A., Bakker, B., & Hoorens, K. Acute effects of different
warm-up protocols on fitness performances in children. J Strength Cond Res. 2005;19(2):376-81
4. Casamichana, D. and J. Castellan. Time motion, heart rate, perceptual and moter behavior
demands in small side soccer game : Effect of pitch size. J Sports Sci. 28(14):1615-1623; 2010.
5. Suwanthada, S. Sports Sychology. (Thesis) Faculty of Sport Science, Chulalongkorn University;
6. Dellal, A., S. Hill-Hass, C. Lago-Penas and K. Chamari. Small side game in soccer: amateur vs
professional player physiological respones,physical,and technical activities. J Strength Cond
7. Casamichana, D. and J. Castellan. Time motion, heart rate, perceptual and motor behavior
demands in small side soccer game : Effect of pitch size. J Sports Sci. 2010; 28(14):1615-23
8. Mario Bizzini, Astrid Junge, and Jiri Dvorak. The 11+ A complete warm-up programme to prevent
injuries Manual. Official publication of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association
9. Aguiar, M., G. Botelho, C. Lago, V. Macas and J. Sampaio. A review on the effects of soccer small
side games. J Hum Kinet. 2012;33,103-13;
10. Makaje, N. Physiological testing for athletes. (Thesis) Faculty of Sports Science, Kasetsart
11. Yaser, A. The effect of different warm-up protocols on young soccer players’ explosive power.
Procd Soc Behv. 2012;46: 2742-6.
12. Yaser, A., Mohammad, R.R., and Amir, M. The effect of different warm-up protocols on young
soccer players. Sprint. Procd Soc Behv.2011;30,1588-92.
13. Suchao-in, K., et al. The effects of FIFA 11+ warm-up program on knee strength ratio in male
amateur football players. Thammasat Medical Journal.2014;14(3):349-56.
14. Phetcharat, S., et al. The physiological responses technical skill and acute effect of warm up with
small side game on speed and agility in young soccer players.J Sports Sci Technol. 2014.;4(1):
15. Mungkunkamchaw, T. “Effects of using SAQ technique on football dibbling skills and physical
fitness of elementary school students.” Online Journal of Education. 2014;9(4):256-67.
16. Sport for Life. Long-Term Athlete Development Stages. Canadian Sport for Life; 2017.