Main Article Content
In this report, we discussed a case of a 15year-old woman who presented abdominal pain and obstructive jaundice. The diagnosis from ultrasound was gallstones with biliary tree obstruction. The further Computed tomography(CT) with contrast enhancement revealing huge heterogeneous densities cystic-solid mass with contain area of calcification and fat causing biliary tree obstruction. Normal gallbladder is not well demonstrated from the CT scan. Our preoperative differential diagnosis included gallbladder teratoma and hepatic hilumteratoma. The mass resection was done and the histology revealed mature teratoma arising from choledocal cyst. We would like to presentinga unique case of mature teratoma arising from choledocal cyst diagnosed in 15 year-old woman.
Keywords: teratoma, mature teratoma, choledocal cyst, extragonadal mature teratoma
2.Frexex M. Neglect WW 3rd, Holcomb GW Jr. Spectrum of biliary disease in childhood. South Med J 1986;79:1342-1349.
3.GrazynaPoniatowska-Broniek, Tomasz Siwko, Magdalena Misiukiewicz-Poc, WojciechChoinski, Marian Sulik. Teratoma of the hepatic hilum. Report of a rare case. Polish Annals of Medicine 2014;21:40-44.
4. Kim WS, Choi BI, Lee YS, Chi JG, Park HR, Kim I, Yeon KM, Han MC. Endodermal sinus tumor associated with benign teratoma of the common bile duct. Pediatric Radiol 1993;23:59-60.
5. Mehmet Demircan, Selma Uguralp, Murat Mutus, Ramadan Kutlu, Bulent Mizrak. Teratoma arising from anomalous common bile ducts: a case report. J Pediatric Surg 2004;39:E1-E2
6. Peterson CM, Buckley C, Holley S, Menias CO. Teratomas: a multimodality review. Curry Problem DiagnRadiol 2012;41:210-219.
7. Wendy Yang, Jin-Yao Lai, Hsun-Chin Chao, Chuen Hsueh. Gallbladder teratoma and a review of the literature. Pediatrtics and Neonatology 2015;56:134-135.
8.Sung Bin Park2, JeongKonkKm, Kyu-Rae Kim, Kyoung-Sik Cho. Imaging findings of complication and unusual manifestations of ovarian teratomas.Radiographics 2008;28:969-983
9.E J O’Donovan, K Thway, E C Moskovic. Extragonadalteratomas of adult abdomen and pelvis: a pictorial review. Br J Radiol 2014;87:(1041):20140116.
10.Terako Ueno, Yumiko Oishi Tanaka, Michio Nagata, Hajime Tsunoda, Izumi Anno, Shigemi Ishikawa, et al. Spectrum of grem cell tumors from head to toe. Radiographics 2004;24:387-404.
11.Barian Harris, Nicole De Simone. Primary mature cystic tratoma of liver:report of rare case. Am.J Med2011;8(1):57-9.
12.FatihAltintoprak, Mustafa YenerUzenoglu, EnisDikicier and Ismail Zengin. Choledicalcys-classification, phyiopathology, and clinical course. Integer Cancer Sci Tharep,2016;3(5):588-592.
13. K Rahmat, AVijayananthan, BJJ Abdullah, SM Amin. Benign teratoma of the liver: a rare cause of cholangitis. Biomed Imaging Interv J 2006;2(3):20.
14. Martin LC, Papadatos D, Michaud C, Thomas J. Best cases from the AFIP: liver teratoma. RadioGraphics 2004;24(5):1467-71.
15. Khoo CK, Chua I, Siow A, Chern B. Parasitic dermoid cyst of the pouch of douglas: a case report. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2008;15:761-3.
16. Mahendra S,Bhavsar,Hasmukh B, Vora, Venugopal H. Giriyappa. Choledochal cysts: a review of literature. Saudi J Gastroenterol2012;Jul-Aug;18(4): 230–236.