Main Article Content
Cancer is an important public health problem in the world because of the prognosis and burden of disease impacted to the quality of life of the patient and their family. Therefore, the treatment for cancer has to develop for preparing to the progress of this disease. Chemotherapy is one of the main treatment for several patients with cancer. However, we found the problems which are increasing the number of the patients and limitation of the hospital bed. Ramathibodi hospital has to create Home Chemotherapy RAMA Model: HCRM cooperative with a multidisciplinary team. Home health care nurses play a significant role in this team. The role of home health care nurses are 1) discharge planning 2) home visit 3) follow up and 4) referral service. The service of home chemotherapy via central vein is a new part that is necessary and challenges for home health care nurses. Home health care nurses encourage the home chemotherapy to be effectively and respond to the policy of hospital and public health in our country. It will help hospital decrease the bed occupancy rate and promote the patient receiving the treatments which are following the plan in the direct time. Moreover, the patient will obtain the curative treatment, increase the quality of life, and live at the home better.
Keywords: Role of home health care nurse / Home Chemotherapy RAMA Model
บทความ ข้อมูล เนื้อหา รูปภาพ ฯลฯ ที่ได้รับการตีพิมพ์ในรามาธิบดีพยาบาลสาร ถือเป็นลิขสิทธิ์ของวารสาร หากบุคคลหรือหน่วยงานใดต้องการนำทั้งหมดหรือส่วนหนึ่งส่วนใดไปเผยแพร่หรือเพื่อกระทำการใด ใด จะต้องได้รับอนุญาตเป็นลายลักษณ์อักษรจากรามาธิบดีพยาบาลสารก่อนเท่านั้น
Ministry of Public Health. Cancer Register Annual Report;
2013. (in Thai)
2. Rebecca L. Cancer statistics. CA Cancer J Clin.
3. National Cancer Institute. Department of Medical
Services. Ministry of Public Health. Cancer in Thailand
vol. IX, 2013-2015; 2018. (in Thai)
4. Strategy and Planning Division, Ministry of Public Health.
Public Health Statistics BC 2560; 2018 (in Thai)
5. Klinwimol T, Vamaloon S, Tabtimhin S, Thamnu A,
Somsab S, Kwawwongsa N. Palliative care Ubonratchathani
cancer hospital. Journal of the Department of Medical
Service. 2016;41(1):32-40. (in Thai)
6. World Health Organization. Cancer diagnosis and
treatment. [cited 2018 February 15]. Available from:
7. Works CR. Principles of treatment planning and clinical
research. In: CH Yarbro, MH Froggr, M Goodman, SL
Groenwald, eds. Cancer nursing principles and practice.
5th ed. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Barlett Publishers; 2000.
8. Petpichetchian W. Best nursing practice in cancer care. 1st
ed. Songkla. Chanmuang Press; 2011. (in Thai)
9. Hollinger AM. Introduction to pharmacology. 2nded.
London: Taylor & Francis; 2003.
10. American Cancer Society. Chemotherapy. [cited 2018
February 19]. Available from: https://www.cancer.org/
treatment/treatments-and-side effects/treatment. types/
11. Noradechanon C. Chemotherapy: principles of nursing.
Bangkok. Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University; 2004.
12. Bureau of Non Communicable Diseases. Department of
Disease Control. Ministry of Public Health. Annual report.
Bangkok: WVO Officer of Printing Mill; 2008. (in Thai)
13. Santisumranwilai N, Ratchukul S. Study of competencies
of chemotherapy nurses in government Hospital. Rama
Nurs J. 2010;16:96-108. (in Thai)
14. Ramathibodi Hospital. Patient cancer report. Faculty of
Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital; 2016. (in Thai)
15. Ramathibodi Hospital. Performance report of home
chemotherapy RAMA model : HCRM; 2017.(in Thai)
16. Srijumnong N. The effects of a self-efficacy promotion
program for family caregiver of persons with stroke at
home [thesis] Nakhon Pathom: Mahidol University; 2010.
17. Vongterapak S. Home health care in 2013. Home health
care in Ramathibodi hospital; 2013 July 3-5; Ramathibodi
Hospital, Bangkok. (in Thai)
18. Medicare.gov [Internet]. what’s home health care?.[cited
2018 march 5]. Available from: https://www.medicare.
19. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. Division of Public
Health Nursing. Home health care-handbooks. 1st ed.Bangkok; 2012. (in Thai)
20. Prasanatikom W. Home health care concept. Nursing care
of patient and family; 2015 June 10-12; The Emerald
Hotel, Bangkok; 2014. (in Thai)