Motivation and Key Success Factors Affecting Thai Traditional Medicine Performance of Health Personnel at Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals in Loei Province
This cross sectional descriptive research aimed to examine the relationship between motivation and key success factors affecting Thai Traditional medicine performance of health personnel at sub-district health promoting hospitals in Loei province, Thailand. It was conducted as a survey research using a questionnaire to collected data from health personnel at sub-district health promoting hospitals totaling 110 persons. Descriptive and inferential statistics use to distribute data. The results showed that the motivation was at medium level with averages of 3.48, key success factors and Thai Traditional medicine performance was at high level with averages of 3.68 and 3.50, respectively. Four variables; Job Status, Achievement, Responsibility and Quality service and image development accounted for 64.9% (R2=0.649, p–value < 0.001) of the variation in Thai traditional medicine performance.
2. Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development. Ministry of Public Health. National Strategic Plan for Developing Wisdom 2007-2011. Bangkok: Veterans affairs. 2007. Thai.
3. Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development. Ministry of Public Health. Thai Traditonal Medicine & Integrative Medicine Promoting Hospital Standard (TIPhS). Bangkok: Veterans affairs. 2013. Thai.
4. Charutsri A, Prachak B. Motivation Affecting the Performance on Thai Traditional Medicine Standard of Health Personnel at Primary Care Units Nongkhai Province. Journal of the Office of DPC 6 Khon Kaen 2009; 16(4): 66−78. Thai.
5. Adisak S, Prachak B. The Performance of Service Through Thai Traditional Standard Among Service Health Officers in Health Center Khon Kean Province.Journal of Thai Traditional & Alternative Medicine 2009; 7(1), 26 – 31. Thai
6. Pichote B, Witat C. Organization climates affecting to performance of service though Thai traditional medicine standard of health personnel at primary care units in Chaiyaphum province. Dep heal serv supp J. 2011; 7(1): 1-10. Thai.
7. Hertzberg F, Mausner B, Snyderman BB. The Motivation to work. New York: Transaction Publishers; 2010.
8. Sirikun T, Prachak B. Factors Affecting the Performance of Nurse Practitioners at Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals, Khon Kaen Province. KKU Research Journal (GS), 2018; 18(1), 37-48. Thai.
9. Daorung D, Prachak B. Motivation and Organization Support Affecting Health Promotion Performance of Health Personnel at Primary care Units in Kalasin Province. KKU Res J(GS). 2008; 8(3): 65-74. Thai.
10. Choochai S, Somsak C, Suphakit S, Ladda D, Supatra S, Kasem W. Service Manual of the District Health Promoting Hospital. 3rd ed. Bangkok: Organization Veterans; 2010. Thai.
11. Phetsamorn P, Prachak B. Sub-District Health Service System Development Performance of the Directors at Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals in Nong Khai Province. KKU Journal Public Health Research; 10(3). 11 – 22. Thai
12. Kosol S, Prachak B. Factors affecting the Community Health Center Performance of Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals, Khon Kaen Province. Research and Development Health System Journal, 2016; 9(2), 268-281. Thai.
13. Boonmak R. Quality of diabetes mellitus patient’s care by sub-district health promotion hospitals in the North East of Thailand [Doctorate Thesis in Public Health Administration]. Khon Kaen: The Graduate School, Khon Kaen University; 2015. Thai.
14. Loei Provincial Health Office. A self-assessment report based on network quality primary care.The service unit. Province: Loei Provincial Health Office; 2017. Thai.
15. Cohen J. Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. 2 nd ed. New York: Department of psychology New York University; 1988.
16. Likert R. The human organization: Its management and value. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1967.
17. Samroeng C, Suwan B. Social science research methodology. Khon Kaen: Department of sociology and anthropology, Faculty of humanities and social science, Khon Kaen University; 2004. Thai.
18. Kirk W. Elifson, Richard P. Runyon, and Audrey Haber. Fundamentals of Socials Statistics . 2nd ed. New York: McGraw – Hill, Inc.19; 1990.
19. Supachai M, Prachak B. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Performance of Personnel in Sub-district Health Promoting Hospitals, Khon Kaen Province. Journal Article. KKU Research Journal (GS). 2014; 14(2): 71-84. Thai.
20. Waraporn C, Peerasak S. Motivation Affecting Management Under Good Governance Principle of Chief of Health Centers in Khon Kean Province. KKU Journal Public Health Research; 3(3), 21–30. Thai.
21. Narupawan P, Prachak B. The importance of motivation to manage health project by the chiefs at health centers Khon Kaen province. Journal Article. KKU Research Journal (GS). 2010; 15(7): 559-571. Thai.
22. Suwichai T, Prachak B. Administrative factors and critical success factors affecting surveillance and rapid response performance of health personnel at sub-district health promoting hospitals in Khon Kaen province. Journal of the Office of DPC 7 Khon Kaen 2018; 25(1), 23 – 34. Thai.