Effect of Shelling Clearances and Shelling Shaft Speeds on Performance of Sacha Inchi Shelling Unit
This project aimed to find out proper operating factors of disc-typed Sacha inchi shelling unit. Performance was evaluated from shelling percentage, broken seed percentage, working capacity and specific energy consumption. Sacha Inchi moisture content of 4.61% (w.b.) were used in this study, feed rate was controlled at 290 kg/h, tested 3 difference shelling clearances of 13, 15 and 17 mm with difference shelling shaft speeds of 200, 250 and 300 rpm. The result show that shelling clearances, shelling shaft speeds and interaction of shelling clearances with shelling shaft speeds significantly impact all indicator. The shelling clearance of 15 mm with shelling shaft speeds about 250-300 rpm are suitable operating factors of the shelling unit, providing shelling percentage, broken seed, working capacity and specific energy consumption about 95.70-96.94%, 6.52-7.80 %, 245.40-255.78 kg/h and 3.93-3.95 W-h/kg, respectively.
2. Sinchaikit P, Jaikor P. Listening to problems “Inca Peanuts or Sacha Inchi" in Chiang Rai. MEDICAL SCIENCES NEWSLETTER. School of Medical Sciences, University of Phayoa. 2014; 5(2): 5-6. Thai.
3. Gutiérrez LF, Rosada LM, Jiménez A. Chemical composition of Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.) seeds and characteristics of their lipid fraction. Grasas y aceites 2011; 62(1): 76-83.
4. Nui L, Li J, Chen MS, Xu ZY. Determination of oil contents in Sacha Inchi (Phukenetia Volubilis) seed at different developmental stages by two method: Soxhlet extraction and Time-domain nuclear magnetic resonance. Industrial Crops and Products 2014; 56: 187-190.
5. Vicente J, Carvalho MG, Edwin E. Rojas G. Fatty acids profile of Sacha Inchi oil and blends by 1H NMR and GC-FID. Food Chemistry 2015; 181: 215-221.
6. Jagersberger J. Development of novel products on basis of Sacha Inchi – Use of press cakes and hulls. [Master thesis of Science]. Austria: University of Vienna; 2013.
7. Yangyuen S. A shelling and cleaning machine for the inca peanut [Internet]. 2016 [updated 2016; cited 2018 Sep 10] Available from: https://www.thailandtechshow.com/view_techno.php?id=531
8. Chumpana S, Sogudlor N, Laloon K, Sudajan S. Effects of Shelling Mechanisms and Speed on Sacha Inchi Shelling. Proceedings of the 15th National Postharvest Technology Conference; 2017 July 13-14; Khon Kaen, Thailand. Thai
9. Sokudlor N, Chumpana S, Laloon K, Sudajan S. Effect of Number of decorticating peg tooth and Speed on decortication characteristics of Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.). Proceedings of the 15th National Postharvest Technology Conference; 2017 July 13-14; Khon Kaen, Thailand. Thai.
10. Kabir AA, Fedele OK. A Review of Shelling, Threshing, De-Hulling and Decorticating Machines. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 2018; 3(1): 1-10.
11. Sudajan S, Salokhe VM, Triratanasirichai K. Effect of type of drum, drum speed and feed rate on sunflower threshing. Biosystems Engineering 2002; 83(4): 413-421.
12. Pradhan RC, Naik SN, Bhatnagar N, Vijay VK. Design, development and testing of hand-operated decorticator for Jatropha fruit. Applied Energy. 2010; 87: 762–768.
13. Sokudlor N, Laloon K, Chumpana S, Sudajan S, Characteristic and Some Physical Properties of Dried Ripe Fruit of Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.). Proceedings of the 11th Thai Society of Agricultural Engineering International Conference; 2018 April 26-27; Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand.
14. ASAE. Moisture measurement –ungrounded grains and seeds. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, Standard ASAE S352.3; 1994.
15. Sokudlor N, Champana S, Laloon K, Duangkhumjan J, Sudajan S. Dasign and Construction of Pods splitting Machine for Sacha Inchi Fruit. Proceeding of the 16th National Postharvest Technology Conference, 2018 July 12-13; Chanthaburi, Thailand. Thai.
16. Mongkolvai J, Hwangdee P. The study and Development of a Separator for Hom Tong Brown Rice and Paddy. Agricultural Sci J. 2011; 42(1): 537-540. Thai.