Motivation and Organizational Supportaffecting the Elderly Health Promotion of Public Health Officersat Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals in Mahasarakham Province
This cross sectional descriptive research aimed to study motivation and organizational support affecting the elderly health promotion of public health officers sub- district health promoting hospitals in Mahasarakham Province. The samples were 127 personnels randomly selected by simple random sampling from the 175 population. This study was collecting both quantitative and qualitative data. The data distribution was performed by descriptive statistics and the inferential statistics used were pearson’s correlation and Stepwise multiple linear regressions. The motivation variable and motivation factors had moderate relationship, hygiene factors and organizational support variable had weak positive relationship with the elderly health promotion of public health officers sub- district health promoting hospitals in Mahasarakham Province with r =0.490 ( p-value<0.001) and r=0.297 ( p-value= 0.001) respectively. Two motivation variables; Responsibility and Professional Status could predict the elderly health promotion of public health officers sub- district health promoting hospitals in Mahasarakham Province at 26.9 percentage.
2. Hertzberg F, Mausner B, Synderman BB. The motivate to work. New Jerseey: Transaction Publishers; 2010.
3. Tonglor D. Principle of public health administration.3 ed.Bangkok: Sam Charoen Panich; 2002.Thai.
4. Mahasarakhum Provincial Public Health Office. 2010.
5. Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd ed. New Jersey: LawrenceอErlbaum Associates; 1988.
6. Vena T. Predictors of Public Health Nurses’ Roles in Patients’ Care with Cerebrovascular Disease in Community. Journal of Public Health Nursing. 2011; 25(3), 64-81. Thai Health Promoting Hospital in Loei Province. Research and Development Health System Journal. 2017; 10(1), 63-73. Thai.
7. Likert R. The human organization: Its management and value. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1967.
8. Chantrasuwan S, Buatuan S. Social sciences research methodology. Khon Kaen: Department of sociology and anthropology, Faculty of humanities and social sciences, Khon Kaen University; 2004. Thai.
9. Elifson KW, Runyon RP, Haber A. Fundamentals of socials statistics. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1990.
10. Siranee S, Prachak B. The Motivation Factor Affecting Core Competency of Public Health Officer at Sub-District Health Promoting Hospital in Loei Province. Research and Development Health System Journal. 2017; 10(1), 63-73. Thai.
11. Nunnaphat P, Prachak B. Factors Affecting to the Staff’s Organization Commitment at health Ministry in Nong Bua Lamphu. KKU Res J(GS). 2016; 10(1), 63-73. Thai.
12. Rungrawee S, Prachak B. Factors Affecting the Research for Solving Health Problem of Health Personnel at Sub- district Health Promoting Hospitals in Nakhon Phanom Province. National Graduate Research Conference, 2014. 628-635. Buriram : Buriram Rajabhat University. Thai.
13. Witsanupong J, Witat J. The Motivation Affecting Performance of Director of Modern Sub-district Health Promoting Hospital in Roi-et Province. National Graduate Research Conference, 2014. 714-721. Buriram : Buriram Rajabhat University. Thai.
14. Santi T, Prachak B. Surveillance and Rapid Response Performance of Health Personnel at Sub-district Health Promoting Hospitalsin Roi Et Province. KKU Res J (GS). 2014; 14(1): 89-104. Thai.
15. Pengwichai P. Bouphan. District health system development performance by district healthcommittee in Nongkhai Province.Graduate School Journal,Surindra Ratjahat University,8(2),183-191. 2014.
16. Phayuda C, Prachak B. Motivation and Organizational Support Affecting District Health System Development Performance of Sub-District Health Promoting Hospital Directors in Khon Kaen Province. KKU Res J (GS). 2017; 14(2), 71-84. Thai.
17. Ratchaneekorn A, Prachak B. The Quality and Outcome Frame Work Performance of The Directors of the Sub- District Health Promoting Hospital in Khon Kaen Province. Research and Development Health System Journal. 2015;19(2), 17-26. Thai.
18. Kosol S, Prachak B. Factors affecting the Community Health Center Performance of Sub-District Health Promoting Hospitals, Khon Kaen Province. Research and Development Health System Journal, 2016; 9(2), 268-281. Thai.
19. Sayan P, Prachak B. Risk Management of Sub-District Health Promoting Hospital Directors at Khon Kean Province. Research and Development Health System Journal. 2015; 8(3), 155-164. Thai.
20. Rampai R, Chanapol S. Organizational Climate and Organizational Supports Affecting The Happiness at Workplace of Public Health Ministry Officers at Sub-District Health Promoting Hospital in Nakhon Ratchasima Province. Master of Public Health Thesis in Public Health Administration, Graduate School, Khon Kaen University.