Effects of Behavioral Group Counseling on Enhancing Public Mind for Youths of Juvenile Observation and Protection Pattani Province
The research aimed to study the effects of behavioral group counseling on enhancing public mind for youths of juvenile observation and protection Pattani Province. The comparisons were before and after trial and between the experimental and control groups. Subjects were 30 youths aged between 11 to 18 years old. The research tools were 1) Behavioral Group Counseling Program, and 2) The Public Mind 4 Scale with Reliability Coefficient of .896. The statistics used to analyze the data were mean, standard deviation, Wilcoxon matched-pairs signed rank test and Mann-Whitney U test. The results were as follow: 1) After the trial, they had scores of public mind higher than those before the experiment. 2) Those who participated in the behavioral counseling program had scores of public mind higher than those of the control group.
[Cited 2018 September 3]. Available from: https://www.m-society.go.th/
2. Department of Observation and Protection of Children and Youth Ministry of
Justice. The Operational Manual: Criteria for Implementation and Treatment of
Juvenile Offenders Bangkok: The Network; 2009. Thai.
3. Office of Technology and Information. Annual Report. Bangkok: The Network;
4. Wattanasiritham P. and Society S. Thai Desire. Bangkok: Foundation Rural
Restoration of Thailand Under the royal patronage; 2000. Thai
5. Ministry of Education. Guidelines for development, measurement and
evaluation of desirable characteristics. Basic Education Core Curriculum.
Bangkok: Teachers Council, Ladprao; 2008. Thai.
6. Thanawongwong Ch.(n.d.). Public Mind [Internet]. [Cited 2018 Mar 13].
Available from: http://mos.e-tech.ac.th/mdec/learning/s1301/unit08.html#s02
7. Coopersmith, S. The antecedents of self-esteem. (2 ed.). Palo Alto, CA:
Consulting Psychologist Press; 1981.
8. Suttirat Ch. Teaching children to have mental health. Bangkok:
Vimpint; 2009. Thai
9. Jangsawong T. Effects of using mental development program on role play.
Type of student. Applied Behavioral Science Research College [MSc thesis].
Bangkok Province: Srinakharinwirot University 2004. Thai
10. Yingruckpan A. The use of simulation scenarios with real-life assessment
techniques to develop students' public mind Prathom Suksa 5 [MSc thesis].
Bngkok: Srinakharinwirot University 2007. Thai
11. Chunchi N. The use of symbolic forms through literary media for mental
development Publication in Prathom Suksa 2 [MSc thesis]. Bangkok:
Srinakharinwirot University 2003. Thai
12. Sepha Ch. The Results of Group Reality Therapy on the Self-Esteem of
Juvenile Delinquents Held at the Observation and Protection Center,
Songkhla Province [MSc thesis]. Bangkok: Ramkhamhaeng University 2010. Thai
13. Putthawang T. The Effect of Group Process on Developing Youth’s
Responsibility Behavior at The Juvenile Observation and Protection Centre,
Udon Thani Province [MSc thesis]. Khon kaen: Khon kaen University; 2009. Thai
14. Panichcharoen W. The Effects of Reality Group Counseling on Coping Strategies
of Juvenile Delinquency at the Observation and Protection Center [MSc thesis].
Chon Buri: Burapa university; 2009. Thai
15. Chongruksa D. Theories of counseling and psychotherapy. 2nd ed.
Bangkok: Technology Promotion Association (Thailand-Japan); 2013. Thai
16. Chongruksa D. Group counseling. Pattani: Faculty of Education
Prince of Songkla University; 2012. Thai
17. Juntana A. The Effect of Group Process for Developing Public Mind of Secondary
School, Banpongkhunphetpattana School, The Office of Educational Regional
Chaiyaphum III [MSc thesis]. Khon kaen: Khon kaen University; 2010. Thai
18. Pliawsangat S. The Effect of Behaviorism Psychological Group Counseling
on Enhancing the Public Consciousness of the Student at Southern College of
Technology. [MSc thesis]. Songkhla: Taksin University; 2014. Thai
19. Johnson D, Johnson R, Holubec E. Advanced cooperative learning.
Edina, Minnesota: Interaction Book Company; 1992.