Main Article Content
This research aims to study the potential of community to increase the value of local food product called “Tam Piang Song Krueng” (processed bamboo shoot) of Ban Samet village, Nongteng sub-district, Krasang district, Buriram province; and to seek for management to increase the value of the local food product “Tam Piang Song Krueng” to strengthen community economic of Ban Samet village, Nongteng sub-district, Krasang district, Buriram province. This research is participatory action research (PAR) collecting data from related documents, in-depth interview, group discussion, community forum for brain storming and developing potential. The results reveal that the production of the local food “Tam Piang Song Krueng” has been carried on for a long time; and the value added of the product was taken into account through the analysis of knowledge both inside and outside the community, which finally leads to the local food product design called “Tam Piang Song Krueng”. The value added of the product is based on product processing, pricing, selling channel, and sale promotion, as well as the cooperation with local organizations in order to upgrade and develop the product to become the cultural products of Buriram province in the future.
2. Howkins, J. (2002). The Creative Econ+omy: How People Make Money from Ideas. Suffolk: Penguin Press.
3. Lattanand, T (Editor). (2017). Mong Lok Mong Trend – 4.0 Market. [In Thai]. Ministry of Industry Journal Vol. 7 No.4/2017 Page 36-38.
4. Pattamasiriwat, D. (2006). The Research Report of Human resource development through traditions, beliefs, and cultural heritage of local communities in Thailand. [In Thai:]. Office of the Economic and Social Advisory Council
5. Phonpiroon, P. (2013). Creative Economic and Thailand Development. [In Thai]. NIDA Economic Review Journal Vol. 7 No. 1 Page 1-70.
6. Plianmolee, P (Editor). (2016). 9 Ages of Cultural Capital. [In Thai]. The Journal of Industrial Promotion Bureau Vol. 58 No.6/2016 Page 6-7.
7. Tahom, U., Wandee, P., & Dhurata, S. (2015). Local Cultural and Wisdom Capital of Tama Community of Buriram Province for Promoting Participation in Natural Resources and Environmental Management. [In Thai]. Journal of Environmental Management. Vol. 11 No.2/2015.
8. The 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan B.E. 2017 – 2021. (2017). Office of National Economic and Social Development: Prime Minister’s Office. [In Thai].
9. The National Tourism Policy Committee. (2017). The Second National Tourism Development Plan of Thailand (2017-2021). [In Thai]. Bangkok: The War Veterans Organization Office of Printing Mill
10. Teeravanich, A. (2002). Small Business Management. [In Thai]. Bangkok: Kasetsart University Press