Main Article Content
The aim of this study is to investigate the accounting practices of farmers under the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy, including their objectives and use of accounting information as well as the problems they encounter. Data for this study was collected by questionnaires from 77 farmers who participated in the Large Agricultural Land Plot Project at Thumbol Na-kaosia, Nayong District, Trang province. The results reveal that only a small number of farmers regularly execute accounting tasks due to a lack of practical knowledge and skills and a limited awareness of the real benefits that accounting may bring for them. In order to achieve an increased self-reliance, the promotion of household accounting should be expanded to the young family members as they have ability to learn and manage their family’s accounting tasks. Moreover, the follow-up and consulting systems from the government should be strengthened to support the farmers with their accounting activities so they can benefit from accounting information in order to manage their financial wealth properly.
2. Henchokchaichana, N. (2016). Sufficiency Accounting: Poverty Solution [in Thai]. Journal of Professional Accounting, 12(36), 76-84.
3. Institute of Certified Accountants and Auditors of Thailand. (1996). Project of Accounting Lecturer Development on the occasion of the fiftieth Anniversary Celebrations of His Majesty’s Accession to the Throne. Bangkok.
4. Likitwongkajorn, N. (2007). Household Accounting: Tool to the Sufficiency Economy [in Thai]. Journal of Academic Service Center of Khon Kean University, 15(3), 25-29.
5. Maitreechit, A. (2016). Acceptance of Househole Accounting for the People in Ngewral Sub district, Nakhon Chaisi District in Nakhon Pathom [in Thai]. Journal of Chandrakasemsarn, 22(42), 13-20.
6. Nilmanee, T., Pongput, S., Saewong, J., and Imchongchairak, O. (2015). The Study of Behavior and Factor Problems on Household Accounting of Agriculturist in Prachinburi Province [in Thai]. Rajamankala University of Technology Rattanakosin.
7. Office of the Economic and Social Development Board. (2007). Sufficiency Economy Philosophy [in Thai]. 21 Century Printing House, Bangkok.
8. Saranchit, T. (2015). Problem of Poverty in Thailand [in Thai]. EAU Heritage Journal: Social Science and Humanity, 5(2), 12-21.
9. Stock Exchange of Thailand. (2010). Personal Financial Management [in Thai]. Bangkok:
Boonsiri Printing Limited.