Main Article Content
We reported case series of placenta accreta management from 2003 to June 2013. All cases had pathologically proven diagnosis and delivered in Ramathibodi hospital. There were 13 cases of placenta accreta during study period. All cases had previous cesarean section. The prenatal diagnosis of placenta accreta were 6 cases (46.15%) while intraoperative were 7 cases (53.85%). Postpartum hemorrhage in prenatal and intraoperative diagnosis groups were 1,200-6,000 ml and 4,000-20,000 ml respectively. Every cases ended up with hysterectomy. Almost prenatal diagnosis group had elective surgery. The last 2 cases in prenatal diagnosis group have done by multidisciplinary team and uterine arteries embolization (UAE) with a good outcome. Prenatal diagnosis of placenta accreta is essential for the management. Pre-operative planning approach by the multidisciplinary team is very helpful. UAE is the good option for management especially in prenatal diagnosis group.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Allahdin S, Voigt S, Htwe TT. Management of placenta praevia and accreta. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;31(1):1-6. doi:10.3109/01443615.2010.532248.
3. Publications Committee, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Belfort MA. Placenta accreta. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;203(5):430-9. doi:10.1016/j.ajog.2010.09.013.
4. Wong VV, Burke G. Planned conservative management of placenta percreta. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012;32(5):447-52. doi:10.3109/01443615.2012.669429.
5. Tam Tam KB, Dozier J, Martin JN Jr. Approaches to reduce urinary tract injury during management of placenta accreta, increta, and percreta: a systematic review. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25(4):329-34.
6. Iwata A, Murayama Y, Itakura A, Baba K, Seki H, Takeda S. Limitations of internal iliac artery ligation for the reduction of intraoperative hemorrhage during cesarean hysterectomy in cases of placenta previa accreta. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2010;36(2):254-9. doi:10.1111/j.1447-0756.2009.01157.x.
7. Poujade O, Zappa M, Letendre I, Ceccaldi PF, Vilgrain V, Luton D. Predictive factors for failure of pelvic arterial embolization for postpartum hemorrhage. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012;117(2):119-23. doi:10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.11.025.
8. Descargues G, Mauger Tinlot F, Douvrin F, Clavier E, Lemoine JP, Marpeau L. Menses, fertility and pregnancy after arterial embolization for the control of postpartum haemorrhage. Hum Reprod. 2004;19(2):339-43.
9. Boulleret C, Chahid T, Gallot D, et al. Hypogastric arterial selective and superselective embolization for severe postpartum hemorrhage: a retrospective review of 36 cases. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2004;27(4):344-8.