Main Article Content
This article focused on a basic concept of power chord that lead to an electric guitar. It also presents the pattern of Power Chord the structure of Power Chord consists of two main notes which are root and fifth. Sometime, a musician repeating a note root and fifth ( an octave) to create more dimension of a chord. Moreover, adding second or ninth also help to expand more dimension of a Power Chord as
well. Power chord has been played as a major role to perform and compose a rock music for a long time. Which, help rock music to expand itself into many styles and power chord still has a lot of popularity until now.
2. “Electric Guitar Amplifier.” Accessed February 5, 2018. https://www.gearank.com/guides/solid-state-guitar-amps
3. Krenz, Steve. Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar. Nashville, TN: Legacy Learning Systems, 2010.
4. McKenzie, Thomas. Power Chord: One Man's Ear-Splitting Quest to Find His Guitar Heroes. New York: Harper Collins, 2012.
5. Mann, Kenny. The Big Book of Power Chords. Malvern, AR: Guitar Alliance Inc, 2013.
6. “Multi Effect.” Accessed February 6, 2018. https://line6.com/helix/.
7. Perlmutter, Adam. Power Chords: A Complete Guide to Rock's Most Essential Sound. Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard Corporation, 2004.
8. “Stomp Box Pedal.” Accessed February 5, 2018. www.boss.info/us/products/od-3.