Guidelines for authors
Requirements for manuscripts submitted to
Thai Journal of Physical Therapy
- Article types accepted are: Original Article (Full paper or Short Communication), Review Article, Case study report, letter to the editor.
- Word limits including the abstract
- Full research paper are no more than 4,000 words plus no more than 5 figures/tables in total
- Full review paper are 6,000 words plus no more than 5 figures/tables in total
- An abstract not exceeding one paragraph of 250 words should appear at the beginning of each article
- Authors should state corresponding author and provide all authors contacting addresses. Consent documents to publish in TJPT and declaration statement of original article from all authors are required when submit the paper. (Declaration statement form)
- Authors should supply up to 5 keywords that may be modified by the editors
- Content of the manuscript should be carefully checked for errors. Scripts should be typed double-spaced. Please do not underline anything, leave 1 inch space from margins and put the line number and page number.
- All illustrations (photographs, charts and diagrams should provide in the separated file and defined the number consecutively in order of appearance in the text. The resolution for each illustration should not less than 300 dpi. Substantive captions for each figure explaining the major point or points should be labeled on the figure. Each illustration should be saved one figure/file in JPEG or TIFF format.
- Tables should be presented on separate MS word file and labeled consecutively and the caption should accompany the table.
Summary of Overall Arrangement of Manuscripts
The manuscript should be arrange in the following order:
- A cover page with complete details of the title, the source, and the authors full contact details.
- An abstract. (not exceed 250 words and include up to 5 keywords)
- The text suitably divided under headings.
- An ethical approval or exemption from institutional review board must be clearly stated with an approval number.
- References must comply with the Vancouver system.
- Tables with captions (each on a separated sheet).
- Illustrations, each on a separate file containing no text.
- Captions to illustrations (grouped on a separated file in consecutively order).
- Supplementary Data
Indicate references to the literature in the text by an Arabic number that run consecutively through the paper in order of their appearance. Where you cite a reference more than once in the text, use the same number each time. References should take the following form:
- Article in Journal
- Shirado O, Ito T, Kaneda K, Strax TE. Electromyographic, analysis of four techniques for isometric trunk muscle exercises. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76(3): 225-9.
- Book and Monograph
- Osler AG. Complement: mechanisms and functions. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, 1976.
- American Medical Association Department of Drugs. AMA drug evaluations. 3rd ed. Littleton: Publishing Sciences Group, 1977.
- Rhodes AJ, Van Rooyen CE. Textbook of virology: for students and practitioners of medicine and the other health sciences. 5th ed. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1968.
- Weinstein L, Swartz MN. Pathogenesis of invading microorganisms. In: Sodeman WA, Sodeman WA, eds. Pathologic physiology: mechanisms of disease. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1974: 457-72.