Guidelines for authors
Requirements for manuscripts submitted to
Thai Journal of Physical Therapy
- Article types accepted are Original Article (Full paper or Short Communication), Review Article, Case study report, letter to the editor.
- Word limits including the abstract
- The full research paper is no more than 4,000 words plus no more than 5 figures/tables in total
- The full review paper is 6,000 words plus no more than 5 figures/tables in total
Summary of Overall Arrangement of Manuscripts
The manuscript should be arranged in the following order:
- A title page
- Complete details of the title, the source, and the authors' full contact details
- Must be submitted as a separate file from the main manuscript
- Not exceed 250 words and include up to 5 keywords
- Must not contain any information that could identify the author(s)
- Suitably divided under headings.
- An ethical approval or exemption from institutional review board must be clearly stated with an approval number.
- References must comply with the Vancouver system.
- Tables with captions (each on a separate sheet).
- Illustrations, each on a separate file containing no text.
- Captions to illustrations (grouped on a separated file in consecutive order).
- Supplementary Data
Indicate references to the literature in the text by an Arabic number that run consecutively through the paper in order of their appearance. Where you cite a reference more than once in the text, use the same number each time. References should take the following form:
- Article in Journal
- Shirado O, Ito T, Kaneda K, Strax TE. Electromyographic, analysis of four techniques for isometric trunk muscle exercises. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76(3): 225-9.
- Book and Monograph
- Osler AG. Complement: mechanisms and functions. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, 1976.
- American Medical Association Department of Drugs. AMA drug evaluations. 3rd ed. Littleton: Publishing Sciences Group, 1977.
- Rhodes AJ, Van Rooyen CE. Textbook of virology: for students and practitioners of medicine and the other health sciences. 5th ed. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1968.
- Weinstein L, Swartz MN. Pathogenesis of invading microorganisms. In: Sodeman WA, Sodeman WA, eds. Pathologic physiology: mechanisms of disease. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1974: 457-72.