Main Article Content
The aim of this research was to study factors related to the quality of life and to analyze path model of factors affecting quality of life in the pregnant women. Samples were 611 pregnant women in Kanchanaburi, SuphanBuri, Ratchaburi and Phetchaburi selected by purposive sampling. Research instruments were the optimism scale, family relationships scale, the self-esteem scale, the social-support scale, the self-efficacy scale and the quality-of-life scale. Data were analyzed using percentage, mean, standard deviation and evaluated using path analysis.
The resultsshowed thatquality of life in the pregnant women was on a high level. The path model affecting the quality of life is in accordance with empirical data 2= 4.958, df=1, 2/df=4.958, p=.026, GFI=.997, AGFI=.943, CFI=.998, TLI=.973, RMSEA=.081, RMR=.004, NFI=.998. Quality of life of the pregnant women was based on social support, self-efficacy, family relationships, optimism, and self-esteem. Optimism, family relationships, self-efficacy, social support, and self-esteem directly and positively influenced quality of life in the pregnant women. Self-esteem, self-efficacy and social support were indirectly affecting quality of life by transmission optimism. All variables match the variance of quality of life in the pregnant women at 69 percent.
บทความและรายงานวิจัยในวารสารพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เป็นความคิดเห็นของ ผู้เขียน มิใช่ของคณะผู้จัดทำ และมิใช่ความรับผิดชอบของสมาคมศิษย์เก่าพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ซึ่งสามารถนำไปอ้างอิงได้
2. Luchacam T, Poonsuk Hingkanon P, Suntayanont C, Pachanban P, The Factors of Influencing to Self-Care Behaviors in Teenage Pregnancy. Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences 2012; 6(2):25-34. (in Thai).
3. Gordon E, Eric G McCormack B. Health and Wellness. Jones and Bartlett. 1999.
4. Pender NJ, Murdaugh C, & Parsons MA. Health Promotion in Nursing Practice (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson. 2011.
5. Becker MH, Maiman LA. The health Belief Model: Origins and Correlation in Psychological Theory. Health Education Monography 1975; 2.winter: 336-85.
6 . Chareoesan P, Doundee K, Poonperm R. The Quality of Life among pregnant women who received antenatal care at Phramongkutklao Hospital.Journal of the Royal Thai Army Nurses 2012; 13(3): 47-59. (in Thai).
7. Kulprasutidilok A, Jirawongnusorn S, Chitmanasak N, Supawan tanakul D. Path analysis of factors affecting quality of life in the elderly in Bang Khen district, Bangkok. Journal of Health Science Research 2014; 8(2):35-45. (in Thai).
8. Leung, BWC, Moneta, GB, McBride-Chang C. Think positively and feel positively: Optimism and Life satisfaction in late life. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development 2005; 61(4): 335-65.
9. Reis JP. Prenatal yoga practice late pregnancy and patterning change in optimism, power, and well-being. Unpublished master’s thesis, East Carolina University, North Carolina. 2011.
10. Sivapuchpong N. Internal and External Factors Correlated to Quality of Life of the Elders in Bangkok and Provincial areas.[Master thesis]. Bangkok. Srinakharinwirot University. 2011. (in Thai).
11. Wongpanarak N, Wongpiriyayothar A. Relationships Between Self-Esteem, Social Support, and Quality of Life Among Persons with Disabilities in Urban Area. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses 2015; 16 (3): 14-22.
12. Lonhlam S, Sutiwan P, and Pornprasertmanit S. Relationships among trait anxiety, optimism, and self-esteem of university students. Journal Health Research 2008; 22(2): 91-96.
13. Cheerachareonpong S. Causal factors influencing Positing Thinking of Senior highschool students under secondary educational service area 11. [Master thesis]. Bangkok. Srinakharinwirot University. 2013.
14. Nakwijit B. Psycho-social factors related to self- care behavior and happiness of the senior citizen club members in the hospitals under medical service department, Bangkok metropolis.[Master thesis]. Bangkok:
Srinakharinwirot University.2008. (in Thai).
15. Karademas EC. Positive and negative aspects of well-being: Common and specific Predictors. Personality and Individual Differences 2005; 43(2): 277–87.
16. Comrey AL, Lee, HB. A first Course in Factor Analysis. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.1992.
17. Lawang W, Sunseree R , Rodjarkpai Y, Niphawan Samartkit and Wethaka Klinwichit. Evidence, Problems, and Health Care Needs for Hypertension Patients at Baan-bung District, Chon-Buri Province. Journal of Nursing and Education 2011; 4(1): 2-16. (in Thai).
18. Mhatnirangul S, Silapakij P, Pumpaisanchai W. Comparison of the WHOQOL-100 and the WHOQOL-BREF (26 items). Journal of Mental Health of Thailand 1998; 5(3): 4-15. (in Thai).
19. Best, JW& Kahn, JV Research in Education. (7thed). Boston: Allyn and Bacon. 1993.20.anchanawasi S. Evaluation Theory. (8thed). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University. 2011. (in Thai).
21. Joseph FH, William CB, Barry B, Rolph EA Ronald. LT Multivariate Data Analysis. (6thed). United States of America: Pearson Prentice Hall. 2006.
22. Khongchana K, Chukumnerd P, Chatchawet W. Development of Practice Guideline using Yogic
Health Promotion for Pregnant Women. Songklanagarind Journal of nursing 2014; 34(3):1-18. (in Thai).
23. Department of Health,Ministry of Public Health. School Parents Guide. Nakhon Sawan: Abby Graphic. 2013. (in Thai).
24. Plodpluang U. The Relationship between Personal Factors, Health Promoting Behavior and Quality of Life of Pregnant Women. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Chakriraj. 2013. (in Thai)
25. House, JS. Work stress and social support. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. 1981.
26. Phromchaisa P, Kantaruksaand K, Chareonsanti J. Effect of Social Support Enhancement on Maternal Role Among Adolescent Pregnant Women. Nursing Journal 2014; 41(2): 97-106. (in Thai).
27. Jiandon C, Suwannapong N, Boonshuyar C, Nopporn Howteerakul.Quality of Life of Rural
Elderly in Wangnamkheaw District, Nakhonratchasima Province. Journal of Public Health 2011; 41 (3):229-39.(in Thai).
28. Coopersmith S. The Antecedent of Self–Esteem. 2nd ed. California: Consulting Psychologist
Press, Inc; 1981.
29. Plangwan W, Wattananukulkiat S. Effects of Self-Efficacy Enhancement Program on Nutritional Health Behavior of Pregnant Adolescents. Journal of Nurses’ Association of Thailand, North-Eastern Division 2012; 30 (2):6-22. (in Thai).