Main Article Content
Alcohol consumption behavior is an important behavioral problem in adolescents that’s likely to increase. The average age for the first drink is commonly around the age group of 13-15 years. Adolescent drinking behavior has many effects, including on the individual, family, and society. The nurse has roles in promoting and preventing health problems among students. If alcohol consumption behavior is not managed properly, it can lead to alcohol addiction and alcohol abuse causing health problems. Therefore, understanding and knowing the factors related to alcohol consumption behavior is essential for the planning of the prevention of alcohol consumption behavior. This article discusses the situation and impact of alcohol consumption in adolescents, factors related to alcohol consumption behavior in adolescents and the role of nurses in preventing alcohol consumption. This is a guideline to prevent alcohol consumption in secondary school students.
เนื้อหาบทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นต่างๆ ในวารสารพยาบาลสภากาชาดไทยนี้ เป็นความคิดเห็นของผู้เขียนบทความ ไม่ใช่ความเห็นของกองบรรณาธิการ หรือสถาบันการพยาบาลศรีสวรินทิรา สภากาชาดไทย
2. World Health Organization. Global school-based student health survey: Thailand public 2015 fact sheet [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2016 Oct 11]. Available from: https://www.who.int/chp/gshs/2015-Thailand-GSHS-Fact-Sheet.pdf
3. National Statistical Office of Thailand. Survey of smoking and alcohol drinking behaviors of the Thai population in 2011. Bangkok: National Statistical Office of Thailand; 2012. (in Thai)
4. Asanongkornchai S, Meokthong A, Inthanon T. Behavioral surveillance alcohol consumption and health behavior of high school students in Thailand. Nonthaburi: Center for Alcohol Studies; 2011. (in Thai)
5. National Statistical Office of Thailand. Survey of smoking and alcohol drinking behaviors of the Thai population in 2011. Bangkok: National Statistical Office of Thailand; 2014. (in Thai)
6. Office of International Health Policy Development. Burden of disease and injury of Thai population in 2014. Nonthaburi: The Grafico systems; 2014. (in Thai)
7. Pichainarong N, Chaveepojnkamjorn W. Alcohol use and sexual-risk behaviors among female youths: a cross-sectional survey in central Thailand. MSU Journals 2014;34(2):171-9. (in Thai)
8. Center for Alcohol Studies. The 4th National alcohol conference "stop the alcohol crisis with the Law". Nonthaburi: The Grafico systems; 2008. (in Thai)
9. Thai Health Promotion Foundation. Violence situation in teenage couples [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2016 Oct 11]. Available from: https://www.thaihealth.or.th (in Thai)
10. Chaisong S, Paldeesetkul K, Thammarangsee T. Provincial alcohol report 2011. Nonthaburi: The Grafico Systems; 2013. (in Thai)
11. Kongkaew C, Rujanawong W, Nathaphong P, Korsuwansiri W, Nitsamer P, Phathichon P, et al. Wrongdoing reduction strategy in underage drinking. Bangkok: Department of Juvenile Observation and Protection; 2007. (in Thai)
12. Rattanachotipanich T, et al. Cost of alcohol consumption in Thailand 2010. Nonthaburi: Center for Alcohol Studies; 2012. (in Thai)
13. Perngchaer K. Predicting factors of alcohol consumption among youth in Nakhon Pathom Province. [Thesis]. Bangkok: Kasetsart University; 2012. (in Thai)
14. Sunthorn P. Prevalence and factors influenced to alcohol consumption behavior of high school students in Li District Lamphun Province. Lanna Public Health Journal 2013;9(1):35-48. (in Thai)
15. Buasorn R, Rutchadapunnathikul C. Factors related to the alcohol consumption behavior of bachelor degree students in the Bangkok area. Ramathibodi Nursing Journal 2012;18(2):259-71. (in Thai)
16. Kaewjantha N, Rungruangkolakij S, Arunpongpaisarn S. Factors predicting heavy drinking behavior among vocational students in a private educational institution. Journal of Psychiatric Association of Thailand 2011;56(4):377-94. (in Thai)
17. Hormsin P, Srisuriyawet R. Beliefs, patterns, and predictors of alcohol drinking among Thai youths: the eastern region. Bangkok: National Research Council of Thailand; 2009. (in Thai)
18. Donovan JE. Adolescent alcohol initiation: a review of psychosocial risk factors. J Adolesc Health 2004;35(6):529 e7–18.
19. Hemayard A, Yodnil S. Factors related to alcohol drinking among female high school students in Amphur Khowkitchakoot Chanthaburi province. Journal of Education and Social Development 2012;8(1):115-28. (in Thai)
20. Kawchim P, Saetung D. Causal factors influencing student drinking behavior of university students: a case study of a public university. UMT Poly Journal 2012;9(1):1-13. (in Thai)
21. Jaikum N. Effectiveness of implementing a discharge plan for patients with alcohol dependence, Uttaradit hospital [Thesis]. Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai University; 2011. (in Thai)
22. Chunpen U. Factors influencing alcohol abuse in adolescents in Khon Kaen [Dissertation]. Khon Kaen: Khon Kaen University; 2011. (in Thai)
23. Samoraphorm C. Causal factors and prevention guideline of alcohol drinking behavior among adolescent students in north-eastern Thailand [Dissertation]. Chonburi: Burapha University; 2011. (in Thai)
24. Huchting K, Lac A, LaBrie JW. An application of the theory of planned behavior to sorority alcohol consumption. Addict Behav 2008;33(4):538-51.
25. Phuphaibul R, Nuntawan C, Loveland-Cherry C. Predicting alcohol drinking intention and behavior of Thai adolescents. Pacific Rim Int J Nurs Res 2011;15(1): 28-38.
26. Petchsuk R. Factors influencing the intention to alcohol consumption of high school students in Bangkok. Thai Journal of Nursing 2013;62(4):20-6. (in Thai)
27. Bahr SJ, Hoffmann JP. Parenting style, religiosity, peers, and adolescent heavy drinking. J Stud Alcohol Drugs 2010;71(4):539-43.
28. Tantitham N. Factors Related to binge drinking behavior of drunk driving drivers in Bangkok Metropolis. Disease Control Journal 2007;33(1):10-20. (in Thai)
29. Waleewong O, Chaisong S, Thammarungsri T. Influence of parental norms and behaviours on youth drinking in Thailand. Bangkok: Center for Alcohol Studies; 2010. (in Thai)
30. Chirerur P, Wonguparach P. The social dimension of binge drinking and domestic violence. Journal of Sahasat 2009;9(2):194-222. (in Thai)
31. Qinvirulsirisap K. Factors Related to Behavior of Drunk Driving Offenders in Probation Office. Academic Services Journal Prince of Songkla University 2014;25(2):91-100. (in Thai)