General duties and responsibilities of Editors (COPE, 2008)
Editors should be responsible for everything published in their journals. They should:
- strive to meet the needs of readers and authors;
- constantly improve the journal;
- ensure the quality of the material they publish;.
- champion freedom of expression;
- maintain the integrity of the academic record;
- preclude business needs from compromising intellectual standards;
- always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and pologies when needed.