Main Article Content
The purposes of this research were to explore the potential of MICE industry in Songkhla province, to analyze the potential of MICE industry in Songkhla province and to suggest for a development of MICE Industry potentially in Songkhla province. The data were collected by in - depth interviewing from the supply side and the demand side. The data were analyzed by content analysis and checked by triangulation design model. The findings reveal that 1) Songkhla province is a high potential of MICE industry in the lower southern of Thailand, but there is a risk of termination and security. 2) Songkhla has the potential of MICE industry, which the infrastructure and facilities are well equipped, but to be develop to international standards. 3) The 6 aspects of development Guidelines for MICE industry potentiallly in Songkhla : transportation, facilities according to international standards, a rigorous security system, encourage meetings of government in Songkhla, making a travel calendar in MICE format, and MICE training.
Copyright Notice articles, information, images, etc. was published in this Journal of Yala Rajabhat University is a copyright of the journal Yala Rajabhat University. If any person or deparment wants to bring all or part of it for publish or take any action. Authorization is required in written form from the Journal of Yala Rajabhat University only.
2. Chuaysook, D. & Kovattanakul, D. (2014). Khonkaen Mice Industry Development Plan Towards Leading Mice City of Thailand. Master’s Thesis. Program in Tourism Management, Khonkaen University. (in Thai).
3. Dabsomdet, K. (2010). Marketing Strategy of MICE Industry in Thailand [Online]. Retrieved October 10, 2016, from: http://www.arts.ksu.ac.th/manage/sub_file/ Aim8K0sCdtG20120605173939.pdf. (in Thai).
4. Dechudom, P. (2012).Meeting Incentive Convention and Ehxibition Management. Nontaburi : Sukhothai Thammathirat University. (in Thai).
5. E-sor, A., Kanchanatanee, K., Jeharrong, P. & Susaro, R. (2017). The Development of Southern Border Small Enterprises in Creative Economy Form. Journal of Yala Rajabhat University, 12(1), 161 -177. (in Thai).
6. Office of the national economic and social development board. (2016). The twelfth National Economic and Socail Development Plan (2017 - 2021) [Online]. Retrieved February 6, 2017, from: http://www.nesdb.go.th/ewt_dl_link.php?nid=6422. (in Thai).
7. Prachachat. (2017). Tourism Business [Online]. Retrieved October 9, 2017, from: https://www.prachachat.net/news_detail.php?newsid=1413263304. (in Thai).
8. Thailand convention and Exhibition Bureau. (2014). Conceptual framework and assessment criteria for MICE City [Online]. Retrieved September 20, 2016, from: http://18.104.22.168/ rayong_eoffice/application/ agenda/ download.php?path=attach_file/agenda/%203su5rhd41q. pdf&filename=%BA%B7%CA%C3%D8%BB%BC%D9%E9%BA%C3%D4%CB%D2%C3%E2%A4%C3%A7%A1%D2%C3%CF.pdf. (in Thai).
9. Thailand convention and Exhibition Bureau. (2011). MICE Movement in Asia [Online]. Retrieved October 8, 2017, from: https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/fileadmin/ user_upload/ documents/mice-publications/Mice_Movement_in_Asia.pdf (in Thai).