Main Article Content
Background: Achievement of the physical therapy license examination is the important goal of the educational institutions that produce physical therapists. However, number of graduate who passing it did not meet expectations.
Objectives: To identify factors related to the results of physical therapy license examination of graduates at the Faculty of Physical Therapy, Mahidol University.
Methods: This study used data of 283 graduates in Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Mahidol University in 2013 to 2015. Data included 1) cumulative grade point average 2) examination results of the subjects according to physical therapy essential contents 3) results of comprehensive examination of Faculty of Physical Therapy and 4) results of the physical therapy license examination. Chi-square test was used to determine the correlation of data.
Results: 1) Results of comprehensive examination correlated with results of the license examination in all 3 subject codes significantly (OR = 2.54-21.62). 2) Results of the license examination in subject code 02 Techniques and physical therapy management and subject code 03 Physical therapy management in disease and other conditions showed statistical significance related to examination results of the subjects according to physical therapy essential contents. Group of students who achieved grade A, B+, B had more probability to pass the license examination subject code 02 and 03 at 10.07 and 24.34 fold of the students who achieved grade less than B, respectively. 3) The students who achieved cumulative grade point average higher than 2.80 were more likely to pass the license examination at the first time.
Conclusion: Results of comprehensive examination, results of the subjects according to physical therapy profession and cumulative grade point average correlated with the results of the license examination.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Regulation of Physical Therapy Council related with criteria of physical therapy license examination 2006.
3. Regulation of Physical Therapy Council related with valid date of license and renewal of physical therapy license 2008.
4. Taksin P, Charoensuk S, Sutineum U. Grade point average, preparation for students’ readiness, and undergraduate nurses who passed the nursing license examination for the First class of nursing professional and midwifery registration of student graduated from Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Chon Buri. Thai Journal of Nursing Council 2011;26(3):117-129.
5. Nuchsutam W, Somboon L, Tongswas T, Kaewkajorn S, Siririth W. Factors related to the result of the license examination of graduates Faculty of Nursing Chiangrai College. Nursing Journal. 2013;40 (Supplement January):61-72.
6. Kongkar R, Charoenkitkarn V, Tosuksri W, Sareewiwatthana P. Factors affecting the result of nursing licensure examination among bachelor graduates from Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University. J Nurs Sci. 2012;30(3):82-90.
7. Pansiriarsa T.Factors related to anxiety during license examination of graduates Faculty of Nursing, Christian University. (Thesis) Bangkok; Srinakharinwirot University; 2004. Available from: http://thesis.swu.ac.th/swuthesis/Ed_Psy/Tassawan_P.pdf